Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A couple of my quilt finishes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/couple-my-quilt-finishes-t238086.html)

loisf 01-04-2014 08:55 PM

Both quilts are lovely, but I especially like the second one. I love the way the sunflower print is the background and the coordinating solids are the blocks. Very beautiful!

earthwalker 01-04-2014 09:02 PM

Your work is really good....I particularly love the pic of the second one...cool setting. The colours on both are used to great effect. You mentioned you also dye your own fabric...which is something I'm sure many of us would like to try. Anyway, really enjoy coming by and seeing all the pics, we all find them such an inspiration. Thanks for posting.

Teddybear Lady 01-04-2014 09:52 PM

Thank you for sharing your work with us. Both quilts are really pretty. I like the second one with all the bright colors. Hope we get to see more of your quilts in the future! :thumbup:

Skratchie 01-04-2014 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by LLWinston44 (Post 6493363)
Pictures are my favorite! Both of your quilts are wonderful, but I especially love the second one. I oftentimes see one fabric that I love, but am not sure what to do with. Great idea!

LOL ... I had the fabric for that quilt since 2007 - it was the Hoffman challenge fabric that year! And the focal fabric for the first one I'd bought in 2004. I decided I wanted to use some of the fabric I had in my stash, so at the end of 2012, I posted a few pics of the fabrics I wanted to use and asked my friends if any of them were interested in buying a quilt made with one of the fabrics. Both of these quilts were the result of folks responding to that post.

The butterfly quilt is one of my favorite all time quilts, but the purple & green really isn't "my style" which is why I think I never did anything with it in the first place. The butterfly fabric just stumped me, but that floral in the purple and green turned my brain inside out. LOL

alikat110 01-05-2014 12:48 AM

They look great. Really like the second one!!!

helou 01-05-2014 02:42 AM

I don't know which one I like the most. They are both really nice. I like how you played with colors. Thanks for sharing

rebeljane 01-05-2014 03:24 AM

You should show them, everyone likes to see what everybody has made. They are pretty quilts

omacookie 01-05-2014 03:30 AM

I guess if we cut half of the chatter we could finish more quilts. Keep up the good work. Love both but the orange sashing really hit the spot for me. Hug

SheriR 01-05-2014 05:13 AM

Both quilts are so pretty! Bright, fun and happy. I have the purple flowers and a piece of Texas wild flowers that would be perfect in your second design.

Originally Posted by Skratchie (Post 6492194)
And most of the fabrics in the butterfly quilt were ones I dyed.

I went to your blog and just love the fabrics you've dyed. I've really really been wanting to try too.

gabeway 01-05-2014 05:45 AM

Two really great quilts! Always enjoy looking!