Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Crumbs and Scraps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/crumbs-scraps-t65419.html)

Rosyhf 09-18-2010 11:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I just wanted to do something mindless. I thought I'd make a potholder with lots of color for a friend. I crazy patched both sides. Put batting on each side and zig zag down any lines. sewed them together and did the binding.

Then I made two crazy patches to add to my crazy collection, until I have enough to make a quilt. I showed some of those in another thread. I used crumbs and scraps.

Then one of my DF gave me a doll panel because she knows I make dolls too. Isn't it so pretty.

pot holder front and back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103598[/ATTACH]

Two crazy patches
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103599[/ATTACH]

Doll panel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103600[/ATTACH]

amma 09-18-2010 11:45 AM

Love the pot holders and the blocks :D:D:D
That panel is adorable!

Rosyhf 09-18-2010 11:50 AM

You know, I have never made a pot holder. I think they are so fun and as a gift they really look worthy. I didn't put any of the heat resistant stuff inside. How do you guys make you potholders. I just put two pieces of batting between. I know she will hang it and not use it lol.

lisainmo 09-18-2010 12:09 PM

Those are very nice..I haven't made any either so will be watching this post. I did buy some insulbrite..and still never have done anything!!

Friendly Quilter 09-18-2010 12:12 PM

Love the pot holders.

Rosyhf 09-18-2010 12:17 PM

I made those crazy patches up but just downloaded some free ones. This way there is no thinking what so ever lol....for those mindless days ..

DebsShelties 09-18-2010 12:41 PM

Those are great, very cheery.

Rosyhf 09-18-2010 12:44 PM

hahahah...I just had to share this joke...we are going out to a special deal. I have been getting ready during the day etc. I did my hair and styled it etc.

I just went in the bathroom to put my makeup on and then looked at my hair and said...I don't like my hair, it's looks too old ladyish (I am going on 70)..hubby bust out lauging saying, well guess what? hahahahah...then he said he liked my hair hahahaha

I am working on a turkey block right now will post later.

Rosyhf 09-18-2010 07:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ohhhh I love the turkey blocks, here is number one and two. I have only used scaps. I had pumpkin, apples, leaves, watermelon and all sorts of scraps.

Here is also a work up on the turkeys. I fussy cut the turkeys then built the crazy block around it bigger than what I wanted. Then I use the square up ruler to cut it exactly to size and where I want the turkey.

I think I have enough of a scrap to cut out 2 or 3 more tuikeys. these would make great pot holders lol. The one I took as a gift tonight was used immediately lol. I'm glad she didn't hang it.

Turkey with apples and pumpkins and leaves
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108200[/ATTACH]

cutting the block to size
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108410[/ATTACH]

crazy blocks so far
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108411[/ATTACH]

sylviak 09-18-2010 07:59 PM

Those are so pretty! Maybe I need to try something mindless..Hee, hee!!