Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Curbside Shopping (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/curbside-shopping-t122062.html)

normasews 05-11-2011 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
Well, they had handles, I don't know how you could have resisted... I love sample books. All the fabric is color matched or coordinated in some fashion making crafting with them easier. I got a heavy duty staple remover like this one. Makes it easier and safer to remove staples than trying to use a screwdriver. Also, I try to remove the paper backing by just peeling it off, but if I get one that's hard to remove, I just microwave it for JUST A FEW SECONDS. Usually comes right off.

Great tips. I have a few samples with paper on the back. I'll have to try the microwave tip.

BabyCakes 05-12-2011 01:42 AM

Oh how neat. I love them.

GrannyHanaDa 05-12-2011 05:46 AM

That's my kind of shopping!

zz-pd 05-12-2011 04:46 PM

Great find, I get fabric were ever I can.
GOD bless.

PghPat 05-12-2011 07:27 PM

A friend's son has an upholstery business and she has given me several of these books. I have made LOTS of the little Snappy purses and have them on hand to take as little gifts - everyone just loves them. The pieces are perfect sizes - I use one fabric and use the coodinsting piece for the lining and top that the ruler goes thru - then make another one using the reverse fabrics.

Enjoy - seems like we enjoy those freebies more than fabrics that we pay high prices for - LOL.

justflyingin 05-12-2011 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by PolkaBabe
WOW! That is just what I loved hearing. A couple of months ago I too aquired fabric sample bookS, yes I said books. About 150 or so. Quilt tops - for the needy who knows....

PaperPrinces thank you about the staple remover, I hope I have the strength in me to work it.

Yes! I was given a bunch of fabric squares/rectangles made from these books to make up into quilts. They make wonderful quilts and people like them and they wash well. I didn't do anything complicated...just sorted them by color groups, sashed and cornerstoned them and they turned out great!

n2scraplvr 05-12-2011 09:07 PM

Lucky you! I could have a ball with that stuff! WTG!! Much less for the landfill! :-D ;-)

Pickles 05-12-2011 10:03 PM

Great find , I use to do allot of dumpster Diving when I was healthier and could do it, way to go!!!

laalaaquilter 05-13-2011 04:20 AM

What a great find!

Krystyna 05-13-2011 04:35 AM

I've never done dumpster diving and I don't think I'll start now, LOL, but there are always wonderful things to find while I'm out walking the dogs.
I've had the washed pieces out on the line for two days for extra airing in the sun and wind and will bring them in today to iron and start thinking about a fun quilt -- maybe a DP9 with the prints and a crazy QAYG embroidered quilt.
It's time for me to actually keep something I've made!