Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Current WIPS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/current-wips-t23108.html)

MollieSue 07-22-2009 03:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are three I am kind of currently working on....
Just have four more blocks, then borders, for the Sister's Choice, from Quiltville.com. Way smaller than the one Bonnie did, but I'm still way too intimated by the quilting part of doing a bigger one! ~ all sewn together except for the far right row down, and bottom across row not in picture. I want to try FMQ on this, will be first time, except for two doll quilts....

The Sunbonnet Sue is too narrow. I'm thinking of adding another bit wider border? Opinions?

And the quilty ladies, I had just bought 1/2 yd when I was in Fields Fabrics awhile ago, just caused I liked it, with no plan. Next time I'm there, I've got to grab a bit more of it. lol!!!

Diana :-)

Too narrow SunBonnet Sue....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4049[/ATTACH]

Sister's Choice, from Bonnie's Quiltville. Four more blocks to do....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5870[/ATTACH]

Quilty Ladies, need to get more of the material.... lol!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41828[/ATTACH]

Lacelady 07-22-2009 03:48 PM

I like them all, so you are doing well. The Sunbonnet Sue I think would look better proportioned if you could add another row of Sues, i.e. 4 blocks x 6 blocks, but you might not want to do all that extra work.

Jim's Gem 07-22-2009 03:52 PM

I agree with lacelady, I think another row of sunbonnets would look good.
Nice work there!!!

MollieSue 07-22-2009 03:52 PM

Thanks, Lesley! I am embarrassed to say I hadn't thought of that! I think in my head I was done making them, so making a few more didn't enter my mind at all. :oops: lol!!!!!! :wink:

MollieSue 07-22-2009 03:55 PM

Thank you, Gayle!! :-) I'll get back to them as soon as I'm done with the Sister's Choice one! I'm just making it for fun, so no hurry on it.

Lacelady 07-22-2009 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Rainer
Thanks, Lesley! I am embarrassed to say I hadn't thought of that! I think in my head I was done making them, so making a few more didn't enter my mind at all. :oops: lol!!!!!! :wink:

Don't feel bad, sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees when you are so close to something. That's why you asked for suggestions, isn't it?

sewjoyce 07-22-2009 06:05 PM

They are all really nice!!!

On the Sunbonnet Sue, you could make one more Sue and change your rows to 4 blocks x 4 blocks. Or add another row of Sues. Either way, it's great already!

Mousie 07-22-2009 06:24 PM

great quilts, Diana!!! yummy! I think either another row of Sue's or a nice wide border would be fantastic. needed a pic fix, thanks :D

Ninnie 07-22-2009 06:28 PM

I love the sister's choice, and the quilty ladies is so cute and comical, and the Sun Bonnet Sue is on my to do list!

MollieSue 07-22-2009 06:46 PM

Thank you Joyce, Quiltincrazy, & Ninnie!!! :-)
I think I just realized why I didn't add another row - do you notice I have two Sue's going in the other direction? I'd have to make a couple more rows, with a couple more opposite direction, otherwise it would look weird?
Sue might stay in the WIP pile a bit longer..... lol!!!!! :wink: