Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Curved Nine Patch Table Runner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/curved-nine-patch-table-runner-t86778.html)

Obsessed 01-01-2011 12:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the table runner that I finished last night for my mom's birthday today. I sent her pictures since she lives far and I still need to mail it. She says she loves it and she has just the place for it! I hope she really likes it and isn't just saying that because she's my mom. ;) I'm pleased with it. My husband thinks it is too busy - but what he doesn't understand is that all those patterns are hiding a multitude of quilting sins... ;) The curved seams weren't as hard as I thought they might be, but they weren't easy and I had some trouble matching some of the points because of inconsistencies in how I sewed the curves. It's all a learning process. My next one will be better - although I'm not sure I want to do a "next one" of these!

Thanks for looking at my runner!

ann clare 01-01-2011 12:05 PM

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

CoventryUK 01-01-2011 12:07 PM

Very pretty! I'm sure your mum will love it!

deema 01-01-2011 12:11 PM

I love that runner, and I don`t think it is too busy at all! It`s beautiful!

S D G 01-01-2011 12:12 PM

Very pretty.

PaperPrincess 01-01-2011 12:17 PM

Great job. I want to learn how to do curved piecing. Maybe my next quilt!

T-Bones mom 01-01-2011 12:26 PM

I love it. It is absolutely not too busy. It is beautiful. I am sure your mother is not just saying that, because being a mother I would love to receive that for my birthday.

TFquilter 01-01-2011 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Here is the table runner that I finished last night for my mom's birthday today. I sent her pictures since she lives far and I still need to mail it. She says she loves it and she has just the place for it! I hope she really likes it and isn't just saying that because she's my mom. ;) I'm pleased with it. My husband thinks it is too busy - but what he doesn't understand is that all those patterns are hiding a multitude of quilting sins... ;) The curved seams weren't as hard as I thought they might be, but they weren't easy and I had some trouble matching some of the points because of inconsistencies in how I sewed the curves. It's all a learning process. My next one will be better - although I'm not sure I want to do a "next one" of these!

Thanks for looking at my runner!

I think it's stunning...and it's not too busy...u did an awesome job..I have never tried the curved blocks, but sure would like too..

:thumbup:

dellareya 01-01-2011 12:42 PM

You did a fantastic job on this runner. Your mother is going to love it. It is not too busy for my tastes. You are so right about it all being a learning process. The only way we grow is by learning.

Ellie377073 01-01-2011 12:52 PM

I love your colors! You are so brave to step out of your comfort zone. Congratulations on your great table runner!