Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   cutting table...(LOL) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/cutting-table-lol-t91888.html)

NewYearsOld 01-20-2011 06:31 PM

Been there, done that! LOL

desertrose 01-20-2011 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Leah Stewart
During my move to my new to me home my sewing desk got to damaged to repair (fell off the truck) and I gave away my kitchen table way before the move, so, now I have resorted to cutting on the floor! LOL. I guess that just shows my love of quilting!

Sorry about your table. Have you ever heard of freecycle.com? If you have an item you're willing to give away and in turn have an item you're searching for you can post it on this site. You would not believe the responses you will get.

I was willing to offer an trash bag full of yarn I can no longer use to knit and have received a bundle of quilt batting and someone else former fabric stash.

Give it a try...

LivelyLady 01-20-2011 08:24 PM

Now that's what I call dedication or is it addiction? LOL :)

Dotsie 01-20-2011 10:16 PM

I am so sorry for you. Years ago I made curtains on a table 2.80 X 1.80m. With only my car in the garage I still have it wish I could help you people crawling on the floor. Eish those knees and backs!

GrannieAnnie 01-20-2011 10:20 PM

During my move to my new to me home my sewing desk got to damaged to repair (fell off the truck) and I gave away my kitchen table way before the move, so, now I have resorted to cutting on the floor! LOL. I guess that just shows my love of quilting!

at least nothing rolls off the edge!

GrannieAnnie 01-20-2011 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by MrsM
I broke down and bought a six foot fold in half table to use as a cutting table and as a vendors table at craft fairs. It is sturdy and a life saver.

That's what I use as a cutting table. And if my rotory cutter runs off the edge of the mat, the table takes it in stride. (one of the white plastic folding tables.)

madamekelly 01-20-2011 10:41 PM

You are obviously a very YOUNG and determined lady. My sewing table is a second hand dining room table from Goodwill for $35.00. Just a thought...

JoyjoyMarie 01-21-2011 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
At the ripe old age of 26, I felt anything was doable, and all my cutting was done on the floor. And I sewed all the time!! When cleaning, it was faster to walk on my knees to the next spot, same with weeding the flower beds. Now at the really ripe old age of 72( tomorrow) I am paying for it. Do take care of those joints now!!

I'm paying too- same deal, and I'm only 63, so be careful of those joints!! And keep on quilting no matter what!

kathy22653 01-21-2011 11:41 AM

Here is a hint that does not cost much. Get a table from the discount store and cut some PVC pipe about 18inches and big enough around that the legs of the table will fit in but won't go all the way down. Place the PVC pipe under the legs when you need to cut and take them off when not needed.
Good luck. My old back sur won't take that kind of bending

moonwolf47 01-21-2011 03:19 PM

Yep, you're a certified quiltaholic! lol lol lol