Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Daddy is coming home dresses (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/daddy-coming-home-dresses-t19257.html)

ScubaK 04-20-2009 06:48 PM

Those are the best dresses for any girl to welcome her daddy back home!!!
They are beautiful.
You did a great job and I think will bring tears to everyones eyes....
Kirsten

gcathie 04-20-2009 06:49 PM

Way to go mimisharon.....they will be loved by all who sees them and those that wear them.....Bless your little pea picking heart!!!!.....:-)......just wish I could hug ya......xoxoxoxo

mimisharon 04-20-2009 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by gcathie
Way to go mimisharon.....they will be loved by all who sees them and those that wear them.....Bless your little pea picking heart!!!!.....:-)......just wish I could hug ya......xoxoxoxo

Thanks, I will consider myself hugged until we meet!

mimisharon 04-20-2009 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Alaskan lady
Sharon, I'm sitting here shaking my head back and forth saying, "boy have you got talent". You have a great gift and are so gracious to share it the way you do. What lucky little girls. So proud for them to be 'Pretty in camo pink'. Thanks for sharing. WOW WOW WOW......

You are so kind! I really enjoyed making them, knowing that he's coming home Wednesday. It's just such a special time to have these Marines coming home.

mimisharon 04-20-2009 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I am getting teary eyed just thinking of how cute the girls will look in them and the look on daddy's face when he sees his little girls wearing them.... You did a wonderful thing and a beautiful job!!!!! :D :D :D Can you post pictures of the happy family???? (If the parents do not mind)

I'm sure she won't mind, I will share them as soon as I get them. I think she's going to end up being a friend. She's young, mid twenties, I think. But maybe I'll get her started sewing and quilting before it's over with...

I cry every time I look at the pictures, believe me. I don't know if it's cause Dad is coming home to them, if it's me being a big softie, or if it's cause I never had girls. Probably why I spoiled the grandgirls so much and my neices think I can do anything. :lol: :lol:

mimisharon 04-20-2009 07:29 PM

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I needed to hear good things today!
XOXOXOXO

MollieSue 04-20-2009 07:32 PM

Tis a very wonderful thing you did!! They turned out so cute!!! Wish we could all be a fly on the wall when their daddy sees them in them!! :D

crkathleen 04-20-2009 08:31 PM

The dresses are beautiful! You did a wonderful job!!!!

sharon b 04-20-2009 08:41 PM

What adorable dresses made even more special because of the fabric that was used to make them :lol: It is amazing what you did with old uniforms :thumbup: You add another dimension to going green :shock: I just know Dad will be speechless.. Thank You for sharing
Sharon

SulaBug 04-20-2009 11:12 PM

Those little dresses are the cutest thing, I have ever seen.
I can imagine how proud the little girls will be wearing them.
Especialy made of Daddy's pants. How adorable, mimisharon.
:D :D :D :D :D