Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Daisy quilt in progress (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/daisy-quilt-progress-t108403.html)

blossom808 03-17-2011 11:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)
HI All,

I wanted to show my daisy quilt in progress. This is the first time I free quilted. Im soo happy I can do it. Im just following the flowers around and around. Well my old sewing maching was giving me problems and my hubby said go buy a new one. I was out the door. I found one at walmart just a sewing machine nothing to fancy. then a couple of weeks later I went to another Walmart. I walked down the sewing isle and found a quilting sewing machine with 80 stitches and 120 functions. It was 50 dollars more then the one I just bought, I called hubby and told him he said yes.. I brought the other one back. I just love the new one. Has so many fun stitches on it. I also made pillow cases and put hearts on one and little flowers on another. My hubby said he hasent seem me so happy that the look on my face was priceless. I have a question tho, I think me making all daisy squares is a little bit to much for me, so im thinking to put a different square between them. But what square ? Im thinking maybe a 4 square ? or 2inch strips ? somthing easy, What do you all think ? Plus im doing the daisy's quilt, quilt as you go first time for that too. Thanks blossom

daisy quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170956[/ATTACH]

pillowcase
[ATTACH=CONFIG]170973[/ATTACH]

pab58 03-17-2011 11:43 AM

I just love the Daisy quilt, and someday I will make one myself! You are doing a great job with your blocks!! I also really like the pillowcases! :thumbup: :thumbup:

clem55 03-17-2011 11:43 AM

I think you sound very happy!! And I like the way your daisies look!!

blossom808 03-17-2011 11:53 AM

awh thank you !!! any ideas on squares in between ?

Kim Bohannon 03-17-2011 11:57 AM

You did a really good job! I think the daisies are superb and the pillowcases are excellant! A sashing between daisies would look nice, as would a solid square between them... maybee you could do different color squares with intricate quilting on each one? You know, pick 2-3 colors from your daisies and make solid squares from each one.... Whatever you decide to do will look wonderful I am sure!

wolfkitty 03-17-2011 12:18 PM

I would use plain blocks (or marbles, blenders) in between, so as not to distract from the daisies. That's just my opinion.

fixfido 03-17-2011 12:45 PM

I love this quilt pattern. Is there a tute somewhere?

ann clare 03-17-2011 01:02 PM

Looking good so far.

Mary O 03-17-2011 01:12 PM

Love your daisy blocks,what size are they?Easy enough to make but is there a pattern for that?

blossom808 03-17-2011 01:23 PM

Yes there is a pattern for it. In here, Kathyaire has it. She was so kind to share with me. Dang I cant seem to copy it, Not sure how, but if you go to search button on top and put in Happy Daisy pattern inside the box. A hole bunch will show up and look for Happy Daisy by Kathyaire, She will tell you how to make it. and if you pm her she will most likely send you the pattern pieces. Have fun making it, I sure am.. and thank you all for helping me on the other square.. I think a soild square is perfect.. would be easy.. More minds work much better... The size I have is 12x12in.