Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   decided to take a look at my eye candy!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/decided-take-look-my-eye-candy-t125475.html)

bebe 05-24-2011 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I looked through my magazines and books. I decided I have alot of fabric to make many of the quilts I liked. So today I started to look at part of my stash and coordinate them woth the quilts I want to make and colors that go together. Unbelievable how much shopping I can do in my stash. So I guess I will need to use up some of my eye candy so I can get some new flavors. :-D :-D :-D :-D
i will be coordinating my fabrics and putting them in project boxes so it can be easier to get through. the more stash you have toe more fabrics coordinate because you have a tendancey to gravitate to sme colors or styles.

So build yourself a good stash and have fun shopping in it :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

sorting part of my stash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]201977[/ATTACH]

cjomomma 05-24-2011 02:14 PM

I can always find something in my stash. My problem is I am always looking for an excuse just to go look at new fabrics and my DH knows it.

wolfkitty 05-24-2011 02:49 PM

I don't mind buying a yard or two of something I really like, because I'm pretty sure it will coordinate with stuff I already have.

Vanessa17 05-24-2011 02:50 PM

fun!

GwynR 05-24-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I can always find something in my stash. My problem is I am always looking for an excuse just to go look at new fabrics and my DH knows it.

Mine knows too! LOL :-)

cjomomma 05-24-2011 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by GwynR

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Mine knows too! LOL :-)

I always tell him I won't buy anything but he know better and days yeah right!! LOL!!

bebe 05-26-2011 06:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally finished sorted my "eye candy".
This is what I did:

1. Bought clear bins small and large and sorted most of my stash by projects. I also put the books or magazines inside to remind me what I am going to make with them.
****** I like clear bins best because you have peek and what is possible inside.

2. Awhile back I bought a rolling rack at a restaurant junk yard. It is great because it has wheels and you can scoot it out and sweep my closet once in a while :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

#3 Also I downsized my magazine stash. What I do is go through my magazines after they sit for awhile and take out the pages. I use clear inserts and put 1 pattern in each pocket page. Ii get a big notebook from the thrift store and make my own collection quilt books. I like and make my own pattern books. After all many of us buy the magazine for 1 or 2 patterns . We can only read it so many times.
**** I have fun looking through one large book rather than 20 books to find one pattern.

Okay this is my ideas on sorting fabrics and magazines.

cjomomma 05-26-2011 02:48 PM

You've done great job. Wish I had a closet for my stuff.

QweenBee 05-26-2011 02:51 PM

I have sooo much, I always go shopping in here! But I just hadf to stop in at the Busythimble in BG, Ohio as I went to dentist! It wasn't my fault, it was only a mile away!! I spent less than $20.00!

babyboomerquilter 05-26-2011 02:58 PM

Great idea! The magazine idea is great. You inspire me to get going on my own organizing LOL!