Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Denver Quilt Expo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/denver-quilt-expo-t97000.html)

BettyGee 02-05-2011 12:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Had a wonderful time. Saw some amazing quilts. Spent way too much money. Met "Featherweight" which was a major plus, super lady!

There was a quilt by Jenny Haskins that was beyond description, all done in ivory, white, ecru with lace and ribbons in each block. Sorry no picture, there were many signs posted that asked that no pictures be taken.

Garden Patch Cats Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146077[/ATTACH]

Featherweight and Betty Gee
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146078[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous Runners
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146094[/ATTACH]

Loes48 02-05-2011 12:20 PM

I guess you had a nice day. In May we have the European Quilt Championships in Veldhoven. I've been there twice and I love to visit it. Hopefully my quilt hangs there too this year. I'll hear that in a couple of weeks.

RedGarnet222 02-05-2011 01:20 PM

Well hello featherweight and betty gee! Nice to put a face with the names.
Thanks so much for showing pics of the denver show. It looked like so much fun.

pinecone 02-05-2011 02:19 PM

What fun to meet with a QB buddy and go to a quilt show. I hope to be in Denver this summer. Any shows then?

piney

BettyGee 02-05-2011 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by pinecone
What fun to meet with a QB buddy and go to a quilt show. I hope to be in Denver this summer. Any shows then?

piney

Not that I'm aware of right now, but I'll keep watching and will post info for you. When are planning on being in our beautiful state?

Betty

featherweight 02-05-2011 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by pinecone

piney

There is another one the end of April. Guess you can't call that summer huh??

nativetexan 02-05-2011 02:42 PM

Colorado Quilting Council on Parade
April 28 - May 1, 2011
An exhibit at the Denver National Quilt Show sponsored by Mancuso Brothers

Ajuried exhibit of approximately 40 quilts made by CQCmembers will be displayed at the Mancuso Brothers Show, Denver National Quilt Festival, from April 28-May 1, 2011.

I'm assuming it's to be held at the Denver Merchandise Mart. it didn't say.

featherweight 02-05-2011 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
Colorado Quilting Council on Parade
April 28 - May 1, 2011
An exhibit at the Denver National Quilt Show sponsored by Mancuso Brothers

Ajuried exhibit of approximately 40 quilts made by CQCmembers will be displayed at the Mancuso Brothers Show, Denver National Quilt Festival, from April 28-May 1, 2011.

I'm assuming it's to be held at the Denver Merchandise Mart. it didn't say.

That is where they have been having them. I assume that they haven't changed them.

pinecone 02-05-2011 07:55 PM

I'm hoping to be out sometime around the middle of July. DD is expecting our first grandbaby the 7th. I even have the quilt worked out in my head, just need to get the fabrics. It will be one of a kind for sure, just like Mom-to-be.

piney

Bobbin along 02-06-2011 10:28 AM

Darn! I really wish I could have joined you both--it looks like it was a great show! Thanks so much for the pictures!
Pat :thumbup: