Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   different people different taste (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/different-people-different-taste-t262265.html)

helou 03-07-2015 06:41 AM

different people different taste

3 Attachment(s)
Isn't it true. Some quilts that we really do not like but finish anyway, will find a home and make people happy!
I have only made 5 (reversed) quilts since I learned how to quilt, 9 years ago. I had no intention of making quilts either for sale or to give: i just wanted to learn...

I now have 2 bed size reverse quilts and a reverse laptop quilt that I am keeping but I keep making another quilt and another quilt etc... you know how it all starts don't you?

I played around with some scraps I had collected from my very few quilts that I have made (3 all together) because I did not want to get overwhelmed by them. So, It allowed me to try different patterns technics, QAYG, leaders/enders etc.

the first one was a "approximate bed runner" that I found being more like a lapquilt when it was finished. I was not fond of it but placed it on my guest bed anyway. I had made a pillow sham which I am keeping.

When my 90 y.o aunt came for a 2 night visit, she felt in love with it. WOW she left with it as I was so happy that somebody liked it and I did not want to keep it. loll
[ATTACH=CONFIG]512790[/ATTACH]

The second one I did just recently with some more scraps, was kind of designed by my husband on one side while I designed the reverse side which I prefer. Another one that I did not like too much and I had nobody in mind to who I could give.

When a friend came to visit she said she loved it and she asked me if it was for sale because she was interested in buying it. I could not beleive she liked it enough to offer to pay for it. I know she would not pay much as she is on a thight budget so, I am giving it to her but she does not know yet as I want to make a personalized label for her..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512794[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512795[/ATTACH]

So glad they did not end up being UFOs but got all finished ready to move on.... to a home that will welcome them...!!!

PenniF 03-07-2015 06:44 AM

What a great story !!! and i think they are beautiful quilts.

QuiltnNan 03-07-2015 06:56 AM

both are great quilts

Nikki and Co. 03-07-2015 07:04 AM

Very nice quilts! Thanks for sharing your story :)

Grandma Bonnie 03-07-2015 07:04 AM

They are beautiful and will be so loved in their new homes! Good for you ~ and you do great work!

quiltsRfun 03-07-2015 07:28 AM

You have a real talent for design. Those quilts are beautiful.

BrendaK 03-07-2015 07:42 AM

Love the quilts. Please tell your Aunt that I think she is beautiful. You have done a super job on the quilts. I am happy that the ones you didn't care for found a good home. BrendaK

nativetexan 03-07-2015 07:42 AM

OH I like them both! Especially the second one!!!

QUILTNMO 03-07-2015 07:50 AM

great story and quilts!!!

jbj137 03-07-2015 07:55 AM

*** Nice quilts - good use of scraps.