Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Disappearing 9 block--TOP DONE! New Pic added (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/disappearing-9-block-top-done-new-pic-added-t10802.html)

tlrnhi 09-02-2008 12:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I tried it. It's not bad. Was pretty easy, but I thought I had enough blocks to make this, but had to go thru my entire stash to find coordinating colors. That was the hard part. I don't have many pastels, but I made do.
It's not sewn, just layed the blocks out

If you see any blocks that should be moved, let me know.

Izy 09-02-2008 12:30 AM

Looking good Terri :D

Hardest part, making sure you don't end up with two fabrics or colours together....I spent ages going over and over, I stuck a piece of flannel on the wall with blue tack so I could position - reposition...stand back....start again, ooopps it fell off, now which way up did it go, like a giant jigsaw puzzle lol!!

Izy 09-02-2008 12:31 AM

I never thought about cutting them all up first....makes it even scrappier looking - clever girl!!

tlrnhi 09-02-2008 12:44 AM

I can't tack anything to my walls, they are cement. :(
Why wouldn't you cut it first? If ya didn't, then you'd just have the 9 patch block. This way, I have it all cut so I can see where everything would go.

***edit***
Sewing it together now. Top should be done soon, I hope!

Izy 09-02-2008 02:03 AM

Terri we have cement walls to in Spain....I just used sticky stuff, white gunk that sticks to the surface, a big glob of it then stuck pins thru the flannel into the gunk!!

Looking forward to seeing it finished off!!

Edit... forgot to mention I hung the flannel over a picture first so that takes most of the weight!! :oops:

tlrnhi 09-02-2008 02:11 AM

I see! Well, I don't have any wall space in my room. My book case takes the only wall that it would fit on. I don't have ANY pictures up on the walls :(
I have pain in the arse landlords who said that in order for me to put pictures on the walls, I have to hire this lady who will do it for me. NOT!! So, instead of arguing with the landlords, we just don't have any up. I do have framed pictures in the house on bookcases and such, so it's not a pictureless house. I just can't have my fine art up :(

Izy 09-02-2008 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I see! Well, I don't have any wall space in my room. My book case takes the only wall that it would fit on. I don't have ANY pictures up on the walls :(
I have pain in the arse landlords who said that in order for me to put pictures on the walls, I have to hire this lady who will do it for me. NOT!! So, instead of arguing with the landlords, we just don't have any up. I do have framed pictures in the house on bookcases and such, so it's not a pictureless house. I just can't have my fine art up :(

That is so ridiculous...what do they think you are gonna use, a pneumatic drill for digging holes in the road.... :roll:

tlrnhi 09-02-2008 02:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, I have the top done. I do have a couple seams that didn't match up. Don't know why, but they could have been blocks that I really wasn't going to use and got mixed up when a certain little girl kitten wanted to help. It's ok, can't really notice.

I'll probably tie this one

actual color of border
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17394[/ATTACH]

reneebobby 09-02-2008 03:26 AM

Turned out nice Terri.

tlrnhi 09-02-2008 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

That is so ridiculous...what do they think you are gonna use, a pneumatic drill for digging holes in the road.... :roll:

No clue.....I just pay my rent and let them be.
Had I known they were as anal as they are, I wouldn't have rented from them. Word to the wise....DO NOT RENT OVER THE INTERNET WHETHER YOU HAVE A REALTOR OR NOT!!