Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Do you know this block? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/do-you-know-block-t4486.html)

Tiffany 02-12-2008 07:29 PM

I love it with the sashing!!
~Tiffany

Joan 02-12-2008 07:34 PM

Thank you for your curiosity, in2stitchin. I will certainly add this pattern to my "must do" list. And, Shadow, your rendition of this pattern is absolutely stunning.

too many ideas, too little time
~Joan

Tiffany 02-12-2008 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Joan
too many ideas, too little time ~Joan

Amen to that!!!
~Tiffany

HJ 02-13-2008 07:59 AM

:-) The little picture of your dog and cat are just precious. Give them hugs for me. :P

HJ 02-13-2008 08:00 AM

:) :P Picture of little horse is so sweet. Hugs!

HJ 02-13-2008 08:03 AM

I feel a little stupid, as i thought my notes would be posted next to the pictures I saw. DUH. :oops:

Quilting Aggi 02-15-2008 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer
I made the quilt on my bed with this block, did mine in burgundy/black/white. The block is called "Interlaced Block" at least that was the name of it when I made it. :) It's on quilters cache in the 22 inch block category. :)

What a Beautiful Quilt!!! How big is it? I just printed off the pattern and will start trying to figure out if I can do this by strip piecing parts of it as I want to make quilt out of this myself!

Cheers
Andrea

Quilting Aggi 02-15-2008 07:25 AM

Thank you for your curiosity, in2stitchin. I will certainly add this pattern to my "must do" list. And, Shadow, your rendition of this pattern is absolutely stunning.

too many ideas, too little time
~Joan

Joan ... my "To Do List" got sooo big I had to create a book. I need to be organized in all the things I do or else I am lost!

I found a great coiled hardcover lined book (from Blueline). I made various tabs in it for the different sections. Some of those sections are
- Quilt Projects (by year) I leave a 3-4 pages per year to fill in
- Christmas Gifts (by person) each person on my gift list gets a page (sometimes more, depending on the person) there I list all the gifts I have made over the years and what I will make them for the next season. That way I know not to make the same thing twice
- Business work - projects to make for my business
- Future Projects (again each section has a few pages. each section would be quilts, wallhangings, table toppers, bags, etc. etc. I will list from magazines/books/internet various projects I want to make and where to find them when I'm ready to make it)
- Class project ideas

I know there are more, but trying to remember them while here at work LOL I guess now that I"m on this site, I will have to add another tab for BOMs and other challenge projects!! LOL

Cheers
Andrea

Joan 02-15-2008 07:38 AM

[/quote]

Joan ... my "To Do List" got sooo big I had to create a book. I need to be organized in all the things I do or else I am lost![/quote]

What a good idea,Andrea. I think you are absolutely correct. It is time to get organized. I certainly have enough ideas for a book!!!! :lol:

Quilting Aggi 02-15-2008 07:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Joan ... my "To Do List" got sooo big I had to create a book. I need to be organized in all the things I do or else I am lost![/quote]

What a good idea,Andrea. I think you are absolutely correct. It is time to get organized. I certainly have enough ideas for a book!!!! :lol: [/quote]

Its certainly has saved me!

I have another larger Blueline coiled hardcover book for my classes. I made a quilt in the Fall with an Autumn theme and it had 26 different fabrics in it!!! I needed to figure out how to keep myself organized before my students! So, I started the book with the name of the quilt I will teach first for the Autumn 2007 season. I attach a swatch of all my fabrics on 2-3 pages. I added the photos below. I will then write in the notes for cutting instructions and other assembly notes I should know to pass along to my students. I also add an area to set up how much fabric requirements for each fabric of the quilt so I can set up my fabric requirements list for my students easier. This other book has been a God Send for me! I took a long strip of fabric and tied to the top coil to use as a book mark to put between my projects. I think I am going to add tabs to each quilt project for easier viewing and finding. I am also attaching a photo of the final quilt top I taught last Fall.

Cheers
Andrea

one of my swatch pages
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57372[/ATTACH]

The final results and a close up shot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57374[/ATTACH]