Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   do you make messes when you work? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/do-you-make-messes-when-you-work-t81750.html)

GrammaBabs 12-09-2010 03:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
i just can't keep the place neat.... although with most of Christmas done.. tomorrow is "a neaten up day"...
seriously.... i'm posting stuff for our newbie DavidWent... don't know if this will inspire, but i love to post pics... i've a lot of crochet and knit stuff to share if anyone like to see????

ckcowl 12-09-2010 04:07 PM

MESS??? oh my understatement of the year! my sewing room is such a mess right now! i had it pretty picked up & organized and then had to start on a couple little projects then came across a project i started last year (2009) and really wanted to finish for Christmas this year...then the grandaughter's came up to spend a crafty weekend...and oh my...there are stacks of fabrics, totes, open tins, boxes, mess, mess and more clutter...and i planned on sewing this weekend...i should get off the computer and go clean my sewing room........

GrammaBabs 12-09-2010 04:09 PM

I KNEW someone out there would understand...........

CoventryUK 12-09-2010 04:12 PM

YES!!!!!

mommamac 12-09-2010 04:12 PM

Mess? I'll say - by the looks of picture #2 your whole room shifted 45 degrees from the weight of all your stuff! LOL

jayelee 12-09-2010 04:14 PM

Mess is not the word it seems that I need to have a cleaning day every month just to get through my sewing room to get to the sewing machine

Cyn 12-09-2010 04:15 PM

I make a mess just walking through a room! My sewing places always have stacks, extention cords, books and stuff laying around. I tell everyone that is how a creative mind works. :)

bj 12-09-2010 04:16 PM

My space is pretty small, so I try not to let it get too messy. Plus, it has glass French doors, so anyone walking by has to see it. I think I'm less productive in the middle of a big mess, but a little mess is ok. I will confess that when I finish one project, I put the stuff away. I don't let myself have more than one project at a time going, or I'd probably never finish anything.

klgreene 12-09-2010 04:35 PM

Yeah I had to straighen up my sewing room today. Its small and I got a new chair and floor mat today because I really needed it. Now it will be so nice to slide around from sewing machine to ironing board. But in order to put the mat down, I had to move things around. So it was a perfect opportunity to clean up. But tomorrow as soon as I start back on what ever project I plan to work on tomorrow, then I won't be able to find anything because it's to neat. So it'll stay neat tonight while I sleep. Tomorrow is a different story. LOL

DawnMarie 12-09-2010 04:43 PM

Mess. Yes. I keep trying to tidy up. It does NOT happen. I'm constantly moving something to get to something else. I use to start a project, finish it, start another, finish it. Now, I've started, started, started, finished, finished, finished. And, I end up finishing projects just to get the stuff out of the way!