Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Dog coat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/dog-coat-t3006.html)

Country Quilter 11-02-2007 02:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Deer season is a big thing around here each year and we have dogs and I have made blaze orange collars for mine to wear when they go out to do their thing.....well, my neice has a little tiny chihuahua and has sweaters for it but I thought it should have its very own blaze orange jacket!!! So it took me all of 30 minutes to whip this up this morning..... It shows PINK in the photo... but it is a blaze orange!

Chihuahua blaze orange coat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6218[/ATTACH]

Celeste 11-02-2007 02:43 PM

That's adorable Country Quilter! Your niece should be so happy!

Have you ever heard the saying, (It's something like this:), Take a child by the hand, you'll take the parent by the heart.

I only have the furry kind of kids, so when someone does something for my 'kids' they've got my appreciation!

Moonpi 11-02-2007 04:25 PM

Sure beats the red panties my old neighbor used to put over her husky's head!

Country Quilter 11-02-2007 04:36 PM

LOL Well, we used to tie those old red scarves around the dogs neck at deer season time but when they changed the color from red to blaze orange...I got creative! I made collars for my big dogs...but this itty bitty thing needed more! LOL In the first place she is SO tiny she needs to wear a jacket outside anyway.... I will post a pic of her in it after deer season so you can see it on her! She is a cutie! Her name is Foxy and I wrote that on the collar side of it in pigma pen.

Rebecca Chambley 11-03-2007 02:01 AM

SOOOOO CUTE,,,,All Foxy needs now is a neck-scarf, and a pair of googles.

lin 11-03-2007 07:01 AM

I just love the creativity that permeates this place!!! That is darling CQ! I can't wait to see a pic of the pup in the blaze orange jacket. Sooo cute. :D

amma 11-03-2007 07:34 AM

Wow, nice canine coat! Can't wait to see the picture! :D :D :D

Country Quilter 11-03-2007 07:38 AM

I made another one for my nephews dog....a little bigger...she's a beagle.....He was just here so I showed it too him...it made him smile! LOL Thanks everyone...it was a fun quick project..... now to get back to MY stuff! LOL

Today I am rearranging and organizing things so that I can sew right thru deer season even with all these guys going in and out!! I'm pretty excited cuz its all falling into place! Usually I have to find other things to keep me occupied while they hunt cuz I usually sew in my dining room and it is not available while they are all here that week....and this year I decided I need to sew!

So I found a corner in the bedroom to set up my machine and ironing board ...and next week I am going to cut out a few projects, put them into baskets and then I can just sit and sew and press!

lin 11-03-2007 09:30 AM

GOOD for you CQ!! Way to claim some space! :lol: I hope you enjoy every single minute of it. :)

tlcquiltnut 11-04-2007 08:42 AM

Where did you get your pattern, I have a dog that slips out of every coat I make her....tlcquiltnut