Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   From Don-isewman--MY QUILT TOP IS DONE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/don-isewman-my-quilt-top-done-t145758.html)

isewman 08-17-2011 06:16 AM

6 Attachment(s)
To the member's and new members. I want to thank the member's that posted there wonderful comments, on the quilt. That I had sewed 8 block's together, and ended up takeing those 8 block's apart, and then did a little size cutting adjustments. I made 2 block's and was satisfied happily. I am going to post a picture of my next quilt. I only have 1 block made, but need to adjust my measurement's a little. And a picture of Minnie & Coa-coa, sharing my chair in my sewing room. I sometimes sitting on the edge of the chair. Anyhow, happy quilting, and WELCOME to the new member's. Don-isewman

This will be the new quilt, that I will start on today. These will be the color's, I'm going to be useing..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242999[/ATTACH]

Here is Coa-coa & Minnie, on my chair in my sewing room. This is them taking most of my chair up, and I'm sitting on the edge. It's not really comfortable. Eventually I put Coa-coa up in the window's in front of my sewing machine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243000[/ATTACH]

Here is the finished quilt. I just did a simple border. A brown strip and green strip, around the quilt. The same color's in the quilt..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243001[/ATTACH]

A close up view of my quilt, I had to do some cutting adjustment to it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243006[/ATTACH]

I'm not sure if I posted this picture. This quilt is called Dinah's Choice. Now I have 2 quilt's, I need to make the backing's for them. And then get them to my long arm lady friend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243010[/ATTACH]

Here's a close up view of Dinah's Choice pattern.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243012[/ATTACH]

jean1941 08-17-2011 06:18 AM

Beautiful quilt and really like the new one

Grama Lehr 08-17-2011 06:19 AM

Beautiful work!!

everbtrue 08-17-2011 06:20 AM

Looking forward to seeing that new one! Looks like maybe some nice secondary designs too.

azdesertrat 08-17-2011 06:20 AM

very nice!!!

Bueniebabe 08-17-2011 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by isewman
To the member's and new members. I want to thank the member's that posted there wonderful comments, on the quilt. That I had sewed 8 block's together, and ended up takeing those 8 block's apart, and then did a little size cutting adjustments. I made 2 block's and was satisfied happily. I am going to post a picture of my next quilt. I only have 1 block made, but need to adjust my measurement's a little. And a picture of Minnie & Coa-coa, sharing my chair in my sewing room. I sometimes sitting on the edge of the chair. Anyhow, happy quilting, and WELCOME to the new member's. Don-isewman

nice quilt
your dogs want the warm spot where you are sitting
my dogs lay by the registers in the winter waiting for the warm heat

New Quilter 08-17-2011 06:26 AM

I especially like the colors in the beginning of your new quilt...I also love your "quilting helpers"...lol...my little Devil Doggie lies by my feet...when she is being "good" she rests her head upon my foot while I'm sewing...when she's being "not so good" she tries to run away with the foot pedal...Naomi :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jammin' Jane 08-17-2011 06:29 AM

Great job, Don!
Looks like you might have to get a new chair for yourself!! HaHa!! :)

Sandee 08-17-2011 06:32 AM

Wow! How beautiful! Love the color combo!

AlwaysQuilting 08-17-2011 06:38 AM

Don they're wonderful although I'm partial to the green one. Love green. You do beautiful work. Thanks for the photos.