Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   From Don/isewman -- ??? for you--a member here also (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/don-isewman-you-member-here-also-t85264.html)

isewman 12-26-2010 10:16 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I'm posting some pictures, of a quilt that is 98-99% hand quilted. I will be asking anyone, for some ideals, as to what can, be done for the outside border of this quilt. Everyone, and NEW MEMBERS also. Happy New Years. and happy quilting Don-isewman

A picture of theinner border. What I want to know is what can be done with the spiral log cabin border. Any ideals--HELP
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147935[/ATTACH]

This is a picture of the whole quilt that is all hand quilted. Now I need to eventually get another one done, so I can hand quilt it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147936[/ATTACH]

I took a picture of the back of the hand quilting. Not sure if the picture will show up much.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147937[/ATTACH]

This may be a better close up picture of the hand quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147940[/ATTACH]

Cyn 12-26-2010 10:18 AM

Oh my! It showed up and is BEAUTIFUL!

RkayD 12-26-2010 10:19 AM

What a beautiful work of art. =)

suezquilts 12-26-2010 10:29 AM

Beautiful quilt and great job at hand quilting.

Could you do diamond shapes in the spiral area? I think with the geometric design that would be the best... and in the center of the block could you copy one of the patterns in your "star", (I don't know what to call the block, as I don't know if I have seen it before, it's beautiful.)
Love your quilting in the blocks. Well done!

stewyscrewy 12-26-2010 10:31 AM

beautifull work of art. If it was mine I would do somethin with curves or feathers to soften up all the straight lines. Or just finish it out with sid and echoe 3 rows of the greek keys.

franie 12-26-2010 10:33 AM

Totally awesome. I can't think of anything for the last border which is awesome also. Nice job Don.

Jim 12-26-2010 10:39 AM

Looks fantastic Don...why not do a similar technique around the keys as you did around the outsides of the stars..wow you did a fantastic job already....thanks for sharing

pjustice63 12-26-2010 10:46 AM

This may not be any help at all, but I did a "Japanese Lantern". A variation of courthouse steps. Put off quilting for ever because I couldn't come up with an idea of how to quilt. I finally saw a log cabin that was quilted in center of the log rather than an outline stitch. I fell in love with it and did the whole quilt that way. It is much easier to hand quilt in the middle and you don't have all the thickness of the seam to deal with. This would also highlight the spiral of the block you are quilting.
I'm sure whatever you decide will be beautiful. The quilt and quilting speak for themselves. Great job.

ann clare 12-26-2010 10:49 AM

Stunning

sewmuchmore 12-26-2010 10:49 AM

Wow I am blow away :shock: It is awesome you did a wonderful job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: