Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Donation Quilts for Army Kids who's paents are Deployed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/donation-quilts-army-kids-whos-paents-deployed-t122787.html)

TJDesigns 05-13-2011 10:20 AM

6 Attachment(s)
I picked a family of 3 kids. Boy 9, Girl 17 and Boy 22 how is legally blind. The little boy said he loved sports and the colors blue and orange. The girl said she loved hot pink, tied dyed and peace signs. For the blind boy I used several different fabrics, fleece, flannel, jeans, corduroy, a heavy home fabric with strips and a tan dress fabric. The backing was done with a fluffy minkie like fabric, was trying to get as much different feeling fabric for him. I added a jean pocket too. I walked into Joann's and could not believe I found tied dyed peace sign fabric. I used piece of cake pattern for this one.

Sorry the pictures are sideways

22 yr old Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196531[/ATTACH]

Back of Quilt I used Satin to Bind his Quilt so it would have a different feel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196535[/ATTACH]

9 yr old boys quilt Football field fabric used
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196536[/ATTACH]

17 yr old girls quilt Tied Dyed and Tied Dyed Peace Signs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196537[/ATTACH]

Back of Quilt Fleece Sports Print
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196538[/ATTACH]

Back of Quilt Hot Pink Fleece and pieced top and bottom with Tied Dyed Peace signs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196539[/ATTACH]

Jim's Gem 05-13-2011 10:22 AM

Very nice!! What a wonderful gift for these children!!!

QuiltE 05-13-2011 10:48 AM

What a big ♥ you have to do these to help these tender ♥s when family are deployed. And good for you for doing such a great personal match to each of the children.

Did you do one for the Mom/Dad who has remained on the homefront?

IrelandDragonQuilting 05-13-2011 11:07 AM

WOW, you did an awesome job, and sooo very well thought out! You are definitely a kind and generous hearted person, wish there were more like you in this world!

JJean 05-13-2011 11:13 AM

Great quilts! Wonderful work!

TJDesigns 05-13-2011 11:17 AM

Thanks for the idea for the parent that is home tending to the kids. I am making a precut kit right now so I just might see if I can get it finished in time. I'm unemployed and my husband is 100% disabled so I have to now use from my small stash to make more for the kids. But I'm sure they will still love them. most of the ones i'm doing now will be for babies.

QuiltE 05-13-2011 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by TJDesigns
Thanks for the idea for the parent that is home tending to the kids. I am making a precut kit right now so I just might see if I can get it finished in time. I'm unemployed and my husband is 100% disabled so I have to now use from my small stash to make more for the kids. But I'm sure they will still love them. most of the ones i'm doing now will be for babies.

How considerate of you, amidst your own adversities to give to generously to others!

I only mentioned it as the remaining parent will have their own ♥ breaks as a Single Parent. I'm sure too often they are forgotten in the mix.

shemace2901 05-13-2011 11:35 AM

you are so sweet, I know that you will be blessed in return.

cjtinkle 05-13-2011 11:41 AM

Nice!

Annaquilts 05-13-2011 12:12 PM

I love all the quilts you made, especially the one for the older boy with lots of taxtile farics. Good thinking!