Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Doras first top and family pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/doras-first-top-family-pictures-t65803.html)

gramqlts 09-21-2010 06:06 AM

Your grandbabies are adorable. Great job on your first quilt. Such memories will go on forever and ever. Love to go back and look at pics of my grandbabies when they were young and the progress I have made over the years with my quilting. Keep up the good work gal! And welcome from Arkansas.

sewgray 09-22-2010 05:35 PM

That's perfect for a girl. Beautiful children

Dora 09-22-2010 05:42 PM

thanks everyone, For the compliments, had them over yesterday, And looks like they might be moving in , SIL lost his Job and they havent decided if they will move in with us or his daddy ,So the spare room that was being used will have to be cleaned out if they do move here
HUGS Dora

Dora 09-23-2010 08:57 AM

Well updates on everything
I lost my first post about being unemployed and Life
i was going to add to it
I am putting in applications everywhere i can , our car is still in the shop so i have to do internet applications now until they get it done
My Sons Leg is doing good , He still is having trouble walking , My sIL lost his job so they are going to be having to move and the doctor is not understanding why i can not get the test and xray done, I have been a nervous wreck all week ,
feel and hit my arm yesterday had a black out i got a little bruise but i am ok,
And i got a gift from CJR < and Cindy and her hubby ,
i thanked CJR but didnt know how to thank Cindy and her hubby, My daughter started crying she was touched to see someone had sent stuff to make her daughters some Christmas gifts, Shes worried they want get Christmas i told her they would even if we have to make everything,
Hubby's work went to less then 20 hours a week,
so our son has been paying bills for us and keeping grocery's in the house, Its bad here , So you al keep praying, this month will get better i know it and i know sooner or later we will all get Good jobs etc,
well i have took up enough of yalls time
HUGS Dora

Dora 09-25-2010 08:35 AM

I have to share this with you all last night i sent my daughter and hubby out to get some flower so i could make some bisquits, Dixie mt oldest granddaughter went with them, When they got home i said Dixie did you go shopping, She raises her little arms in the arms and said maw-maw me shopped till me dropped, we all got a laugh out of it,
Wasn't expecting that reply from her,
Melissa is finally saying a couple of words she mainly says UP she wants to be held,
Anyways i wanted to share this it was cute
HUGS Dora

Dora 09-27-2010 09:31 PM

Well i had a ball today i walked down to and older neigbors house she and i sat for hours we got to talking about quilts and the group and she brung out some older quilts she made all hand sewen and each piece was cut by hand , she told me she still had her moms quilting frame and we walked out and looked at it, shes 89 and full of information, i just loved her quilts, they were just beautiful, anyways she invited me to come back and we would talk more about quilts and her younger years, she lives alone and i think she had as much enjoyment with my visit as i did, i plan on going back and visiting her more, since she is alone and thats my play it forward , shareing memorys and learning from a lonely neigbor
HUGS Dora

Dora 10-06-2010 12:15 PM

Update
well i still haven't found a job but got a letter from disability to go in front of the judge, Found out my back doctor hasn't sent them my records on my herniated disk or annular tear, so i got to get that information to them . Got to go to the eye doctor tomorrow because my glasses are not helping my eye anymore they are blurry, as some of you know i am totally blind in my left eye and to be able to read i have to make the fonts large, hubby put me a piece of magnet on the sewing machine so i can sew my blocks , Hes been cutting fabric for me and threading the sewing machine, Hes been a big help, So yall keep praying with me
Well thats about it
HUGS all Dora

skydiver70 10-06-2010 12:44 PM

Prayers are with you and your family, Dora. May God strengthen each of you and provide your every need.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

Dora 10-06-2010 01:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
more pictures of granddaughters my youngest daughter and hubby

new working on with scraps quilt top not perfect but i am still learning
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91977[/ATTACH]

Dixie oldest granddaughter, hubby,youngest daughter and youngest granddaughter Melissa
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92608[/ATTACH]

Dixie takeing her to feed the ducks she was Happy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92609[/ATTACH]

Melissa and Dixie playing at Great Granpaws house in Ohio
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92610[/ATTACH]

oldest daughter and grand daughter Dixie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92611[/ATTACH]

Dora 10-06-2010 02:05 PM

thank you Skydiver70
i appreciate all the prayers
HUGS dora