Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Dresden Plate finally done!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/dresden-plate-finally-done-t17123.html)

k9colliedog 03-06-2009 07:12 AM

YOU MUST BE SO PROUD OF THIS. IT'S A BEAUTY

ania755 03-06-2009 07:24 AM

I freally admire your work :lol: :lol:

crafty lady 03-06-2009 03:17 PM

gcathie! what a beautiful quilt! i just discovered, i think you are my online buddy, nice to see your picture. haven't lost your email, just been busy working. keep up the great work. i feel so computer savvy, having posted a reply! :D :D

gcathie 03-06-2009 06:39 PM

lass.......Thank you very kindly .......:-)

k9colliedog.....Thanks.....:-)

ania755.....Aww now you've gone and done it.....I'm beet red.....Thank you....:-)

crafty lady.....Thank you kindly......Hey girl where you been?????? Oh I see busy working....your one of the lucky ones to have a job......:-).....email me when you have time.....Spring is coming you know.....whaaaaaa hoooooo....:-)

huggyface 03-06-2009 06:48 PM

wow!! great job if it hasn't found a home I can accommodate. love the colors

JoanneS 03-06-2009 07:29 PM

I really like the combination of the Dresden Plate blocks and the Ohio Stars in the sashes. They really compliment each other. The colors are great. And your quilting - oh my goodness! Everything is perfect.

ChristineD 03-07-2009 04:21 AM

That is gorgeous!
I have never seen a dresden plate that has made me think... "wow,I would like to try that", but I really love your color choices. I have a new appreciation for the dresden plate.
Christine

Nita 03-07-2009 06:02 AM

Cathy ~ Absolutely gorgeous!
I would love to someday do a Dresden Plate quilt, but right now it scares the heck out of me. Someone suggested that I try the Quilt Smart method, but I did a Wedding Ring table runner using the Quilt Smart method and wasn't wild about working w/ monofilament thread. Got alot of puckers.
Anyways, that is one very, very beautiful quilt that you've made. Kudos to you ~ Nita

Sharon M 03-07-2009 08:06 AM

That is the most beautiful quilt, you are a true artist! The colors are magnificent and i have always thought that pattern is beautiful. It looks good in old fashion material and up todate in modern colors.
You do beautiful work :thumbup:

gcathie 03-07-2009 08:51 AM

huggyface......Thanks..sorry it has a home....just gonna stay in the family.....:-)

JoanneS......well what do you know.....I never gave this much thought...but I don't live far from Dresden, Ohio and I'm in Ohio so there is double meaning to this quilt and I didn't even know it....:-) .....Thank you for your comments and bringing it to my attention.....:-)......

ChristineD....Thank you....:-).....I took a class on appliqueing by machine.....and this is what we did one Dresden Plate and I thought wow I can do that and waaaa laaaa there it is....just do one block at a time....I used the tear away interfacing and the nonfilimont thread....but found I could use regular theard works good too.....give it another try....it may go better for you.......:-)

Nita......:-) Thank you....read ChristineD's post.......you can do it......it wasn't that bad.....when you do one at a time.....:-)

Sharon M...... :oops: ......Thank you !......:-)