Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Dutch Bluework ... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/dutch-bluework-t165693.html)

RedGarnet222 11-03-2011 12:17 PM

Dutch Bluework ...

1 Attachment(s)
These bluework dutch blocks are hand stitched. I purchased them on line as a baby quilt. But, when I recieved the quilt, the blocks and the setting was way off!! I also felt the quilt colors went flat because there was only blue and white in the quilt.

I took it completely apart and squared up the blocks, and reworked the whole quilt adding the yellow and changing the whole thing around to what you see now.

I don't hink that I would have done this but the handwork really deserved what I did to it. I have a china dutch doll that I will dress to match and it will make a special gift to the next mom I owe a shower gift to. At least I hope so ... it still needs the quilting. But I like it.

RedGarnet222 11-03-2011 12:21 PM

Dutch bluework ...

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another view... Just a little closer to see the blocks and fabric better.

May in Jersey 11-03-2011 12:23 PM

You really did the blue work blocks justice, that yellow brings them out so well. May in Jersey

PS: Just saw the close up photos and now know why I liked the yellow fabric so much, I have a few yards of it myself intended for my basket quilt.

Xstitshmom 11-03-2011 12:24 PM

This is very nice!

KastleKitty 11-03-2011 12:29 PM

Hi, I don't know if I don't know how to use the new site, but it looks like nobody has responded yet to your post! My post here is 2 fold! 1) I think the bright yellow really sets off your work! It is very very appealing! 2) Can you tell if it is so, nobody seems to be around anymore and all is quiet? Or have you received many responses and I am unable to find them? If I am not the first to reply, send me a PM and let me know how to find the responses to your post. Maybe then I can catch on to how this new format works! Thanks! KastleKitty :)

Kutnso 11-03-2011 12:29 PM

Absolutely beautiful. I love your yellow fabric with the blue--is it French fabric??? What an improvement---I can just picture the quilt in only blue and white, it screamed for a Zinger color !!!
Congrats, Kutnso

oksewglad 11-03-2011 12:30 PM

These certainly don't look flat now! Blue and yellow are a favorite combo of mine and the bit of red adds some punch.

Murphy 11-03-2011 12:33 PM

Very beautiful. I like what you did with adding the yellow, etc. It is lovely and will be a much treasured gift. Thank you for sharing.

noveltyjunkie 11-03-2011 12:37 PM

This is why I wish I understood colour better- you have a great skill there, and a lovely quilt! I wonder if the original blue work maker will ever get to see it?

RedGarnet222 11-03-2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kutnso (Post 4625719)
Absolutely beautiful. I love your yellow fabric with the blue--is it French fabric??? What an improvement---I can just picture the quilt in only blue and white, it screamed for a Zinger color !!!
Congrats, Kutnso

The yellow fabric is a Dan River that I have had for quite a while. I used to have a blue and yellow decorated home throughout. This is left over from the decor eleven years ago. Being the thrifty person I am. I had saved it. Now I am glad I did! LOL! As a matter of fact, I think the blue check polished cotton I still have will be the backing. LOL!