Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Dutch Quilt Exhibition (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/dutch-quilt-exhibition-t17379.html)

Mousie 03-18-2009 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
LOL...was reading: we were at a show and he suddenly went 'drunkard's path!'...being a visual thinker me self...I was picturing him going all wobbly suddenly...you meant, he exclaimed! 'drunkard's path'...LMBO!...guess that's the kind of quilt block name that would stick with a guy, huh??? lol :wink: :lol:

Never looked at it like that! And i just thought he was showing an interest in my hobby! :D

K x

to be sure, since he went to the museum with you, he is not only taking an interest in your hobby, I am sure he is very proud of the stuff you make and that you are teaching the kids. Now, when you gonna be done with them thar onions and taters? I'm getting a little :mrgreen: :lol:

k3n 03-18-2009 01:57 PM

Now, when you gonna be done with them thar onions and taters? I'm getting a little :mrgreen: :lol:

Onions went in today - 5 rows and the kids planted some too - see my topic re their lap quilts for some pics! Lily kept pulling hers up again to 'see if they growed yet'! :lol:

Also sowed leeks, cabbage and broccoli in seed bed, two rows early carrots, one row spinach and one row early lettuce! :D

Bit early yet for the taters - they's on a window sill chittin' a little more!

K x

Mousie 03-18-2009 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by k3n

Now, when you gonna be done with them thar onions and taters? I'm getting a little :mrgreen: :lol:

Onions went in today - 5 rows and the kids planted some too - see my topic re their lap quilts for some pics! Lily kept pulling hers up again to 'see if they growed yet'! :lol:

Also sowed leeks, cabbage and broccoli in seed bed, two rows early carrots, one row spinach and one row early lettuce! :D

Bit early yet for the taters - they's on a window sill chittin' a little more!

K x

if it's a typo, not pickin, but if it's NOT a typo, :shock: lol...what's chittin?
A question I would not ask hubby,...he would answer :shock:

Mousie 03-18-2009 03:57 PM

whadya know, I just asked him what it was...testing? he said, "I don't know, why don't you ask her?" any other time he would have a smarty pants answer!
that's a lot of veggies you planted. good job on you!!! do the munchkins eat them? more likely too, since they helped plant them. your a smart mom, K. Getting them involved in stuff. I did that with mine too. Turned out some great kids, know you are too. Who named the dog? it's such a cute name...the dougal dog. too cute. bet the kids loved his pillow too. :D

k3n 03-18-2009 04:16 PM

whadya know, I just asked him what it was...testing? he said, "I don't know, why don't you ask her?" any other time he would have a smarty pants answer!
that's a lot of veggies you planted. good job on you!!! do the munchkins eat them? more likely too, since they helped plant them. your a smart mom, K. Getting them involved in stuff. I did that with mine too. Turned out some great kids, know you are too. Who named the dog? it's such a cute name...the dougal dog. too cute. bet the kids loved his pillow too. :D

Hi C, chitting is setting the tatties in a light place for the little sprouts to grow before you put 'em in the ground. Not everyone does it but I think it gives 'em a head start to point their noses out in the air before they get covered in soil! The kids LOVE veg! They'll eat everything and in summer if we're outside and they want a snack I just turn 'em loose in the veg plot and say 'go graze!' - they'll even eat brussel sprouts straight off the plant! I think it really helps that they see stuff growing, eggs and meat from chickens and we've raised 4 pigs so far. Having a rest this year cos we got pork coming out of our ears! If kids grow up with it, they take it as a natural part of life. Although when we got our first pigs, Joey who was about 4, thought they'd 'lay' sausages, like the chooks lay eggs! :lol:

Dougal already had his name when I got him and it suits him so much, I kept it! :D

K x

Mousie 03-18-2009 05:57 PM

ok, thinking we're gonna have to share this dictionary, lol...tatties? i can kind of guess that one. you know, I thought you were gonna write back about the chitting...gonna say you meant chillin. - they were just chillin.
nope, just learned something new.
I'd loved to get together and watch the look on the guys faces, :roll: :?: :?: :?:
- me talking fast with southern accent and you with all your french phrases...do you sound french or english?...lived in canada one time too...probably more french?

k3n 03-18-2009 06:04 PM

Nooo, I sound completely English, I'm afraid - not remotely exotic although 'je parle français aussi'!!

Oh that would be a hoot! But do we have to have the guys there?! I'm thinkin they'd cramp our style!!!!

K x

Mousie 03-18-2009 06:06 PM

you ever heard of Loretta Lynn?...well, I don't sound just like her, but I can very easily.
now, let's see, is there somebody that I might know, that you sound like?

k3n 03-18-2009 06:08 PM

Don't you American ladies think we all sound like the Queen LOL!!! 'One is not amused!'

K x

Mousie 03-18-2009 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
Don't you American ladies think we all sound like the Queen LOL!!! 'One is not amused!'

K x

...nope, never entered my mind that you would sound hoity toity :lol:
When I think of English women, Princess Diana is the first to come to mind. I so cried when she died. I think the whole world did. :cry:
Now, bout those men, I knoooow they would cramp our style...don't know bout Hans, but Kenny???? he's always in too big a hurry, can't understand me when I get on a roll, (he's got two hearing aids), and got to keep him fed on time or he turns into a 'bar', (that's bear...he doesn't drink), lol...I loose track of time when having fun...so not much hope of having a hen party with wet blanket...we'll send them off somewhere for the day. :wink: