Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Early AM quilting, thoughts and I LOVE this attachment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/early-am-quilting-thoughts-i-love-attachment-t129134.html)

eastermarie 06-10-2011 08:11 AM

Back in the 60's all the school machines had them in Home Ec. Grandma's old Singer had one. They were life savers.

misseva 06-10-2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
That's a cool attachment. I wonder if it would fit a Featherweight?

Have you tried pinning from the opposite direction? Maybe you could leave your pins in a little longer before pulling them out that way.

yes, my FW came with one. i have more than one that i've collected over the years. if your machine has a hole in the bed next to the presserfoot you can use it.

mpeters1200 06-10-2011 08:25 AM

I know I'm going to love mine! I have a 66 too, and only had her for a couple months. That was one of the freebies the shop gave me with the other attachments. I figured out in a hurry that pins hitting it makes it go wonky. I like you, need to spend a lot of time and stubborness to get used to it.

I will say that my 66 sews perfect circles, with no gather. It's awesome. My little Janome was eating them up. The 66 following the line great and I've been making some circular pin cushions. Works just fabulously.

I still have to figure out the FMQ part. That's coming soon!

quilter64779 06-10-2011 08:26 AM

I to would like to see all your attachments. I have a Bernina and I don't believe I received one with mine.

ctub0126 06-10-2011 08:42 AM

Ok...... do you just want pics or do you want me to go through each as I learn how to use them and do tutorials?..... I have a singer 66 with a goodly number of attachments, a model 27 that has most if not all of it's, and a couple of motorized ones. (white rotory, free westing house rotory, singer 201 (once I get it going), singer 99k etc.

mpeters1200 06-10-2011 08:54 AM

I am in the VSMS all the time and tutes are awesome. If you have one of the ruffler or adjustable hemmer that would be great. My manual has pictures in it of the ruffler, but the directions are very confusing. I think any tutorial you would post would definitely be a help!

ctub0126 06-10-2011 09:00 AM

I have both actually and two different types of tuckers as well as the bias tape foot and couple other handy inventions.... and that's just for my 66 :). I'll have to ask a moderator or Billy to move the Tutes over when I get them done though.... I haven't been able to post a new topic directly into that section........ Actually, in addition to the quilt top I'm finishing that I started before I got pregnant, more than 7 months ago (bad Cheryl no biscuit). I've got a maternity dress nearly finished that needs hemmed........ adjustable hemmer here I come........ as soon as the quilt top is pieced.. I'll just take a short break before I sandwitch, quilt and bind it ... yeah a short break (I hate basting) :twisted:

kwilter 06-10-2011 09:20 AM

I have this attachment which can fit most of my machines and I don't know what I'd do without it! I also have the magnet kind which is sort of O.K. on the FWs and 301 but it does have a tendency to scoot. Of course we all know better than to use the magnetic seam guide on any of our electronic machines!

mpeters1200 06-10-2011 09:20 AM

I think if you post them directly into the tutorials section, whoever subscribes to the vintage machine part of the board will see it. I see things from main, pics, general, tutes and links in there all the time. Perhaps there wouldn't be a need specifically to move it anywhere if it starts in tutes. I'm sure you're correct and it's something to discuss with a moderator.

I'm certainly excited. I didnt' think I'd ever have a need for the ruffler or hemmer or anything else clothes-wise, since I only make quilts. Then I came across one of Craftybears great sites and am making my first shirt for myself EVER! It needs ruffles, but I doubt I'll use the attachments just yet.

fabric_lover 06-10-2011 09:57 AM

I do so appreciate your posting a picture of this attachment! I have one from Mom but didn't know what it was/how it is used. Also didn't know if it was for a Singer or Kenmore which was my Moms.