Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Emmaline's Christmas quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/emmalines-christmas-quilt-t308087.html)

wesing 11-17-2019 07:46 PM

Emmaline's Christmas quilt

8 Attachment(s)
This one has a long story. In summer 2012, before we had a clue we were to become parents in a few short months, we ordered a group of fabrics from Connecting Threads called Technicolor Tidings. We loved the mid-century designs and colors, and thought they would make great personal quilts for us. We picked a pattern and ordered enough fabric for two quilts: tops, backings and bindings. They would be the same, except mine would have green borders, backing and binding, and Kim's would have pink.

Fast forward to October. Out of the blue, we were contacted by a woman who was expecting and wanted us to adopt her baby. Our daughter was born in January.

Needless to say, our free time dried up for a while. We didn't make near as many quilts as we were planning to make, but life has been a joy with our Emmaline. Last year, we were digging through our stash and Emmaline saw these fabrics and loved them. We decided instead of making two twin quilts we could make one oversized queen and Emmaline could use it for a bedspread during Christmas. We got the top done, but other projects got in the way. Is also stalled on the quilting because I didn't want to do a panto, but I couldn't decide what to do. If the quilt looks familiar it's because I posted some pics asking for quilting suggestions. I got some good ones and use s some of the. This quilt has been on the frame for literally months. I just finished the binding tonight.

I found the Connecting Threads catalog we ordered the fabrics from. Check out the prices!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619838[/ATTACH]

This is the pattern we used.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619839[/ATTACH]

Here is the back.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619840[/ATTACH]

And the front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619841[/ATTACH]

Close ups of some of the quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619842[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619843[/ATTACH]

I have one bad mistake. I tried to quilt through paper and transferred sharpie into the quilt to when I pulled off the paper. Any suggestions on how to get it out?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619844[/ATTACH]

Binding
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619845[/ATTACH]

Thanks for looking

Darren

nativetexan 11-17-2019 07:52 PM

I think Oxy clean may remove that. do not dry with heat until sure it is gone.

Grandma Peg 11-17-2019 07:57 PM

Great quilt, hope the sharpie comes out.

Mumto2 11-17-2019 08:34 PM

I love it! Hope the ink comes out.

loisf 11-17-2019 09:08 PM

Adorable quilt. I'm glad you were finally able to finish it. I hope the sharpie comes out.

Ariannaquilts 11-17-2019 09:37 PM

What a wonderful story about Emmaline and how she came into your lives, you definitely were blessed. Your quilt is lovely sorry can't help with the removal of the ink but hope it comes out for you. I remember that catalog and definitely the prices personally I haven't bought anything since there prices have gone up. Then again I'm not buying anything at the moment. Good luck with your quilt!

sewbizgirl 11-17-2019 10:17 PM

I love that quilt! Santa's ready!

Your quilting is so charming. I love all the samples of different quilting in the sashings. And I really love how you softened the bow shapes with quilting. Genius!

Emmaline is one lucky girl!

sewingitalltogether 11-18-2019 02:40 AM

Cute quilt!

Marion WA 11-18-2019 03:00 AM

You might like to try hand sanitizer! It worked for me when I did exactly the same thing. That darn sharpie drawing takes a really long time to completely dry. Strongly suggest that you make a mess with the sharpie on a scrap of fabric first and try to remove that before trying it on the quilt. I originally found the tip online (sorry I can't recall where). It did not specify a particular brand - hence the testing. Best of luck from here in Australia.

tallchick 11-18-2019 03:12 AM

Wonderful story and a wonderful quilt! So fun and festive!