Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   English Paper Piecing Project - w/b for Queen Size Bed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/english-paper-piecing-project-w-b-queen-size-bed-t25623.html)

SharonC 09-17-2009 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been working on this in the evenings while watching re-runs :).
These are l" hexagons and by putting this out there; I'm committing to completing this. Will make myself give you progress reports so it doesn't become a UFO :)
I'm hoping this will end up fitting out Queen Size Bed with about 12-15" over the edges--soooooooo long way to go.
Started it on 23 Aug so have gotten quite a bit done so far :).
I think of my Nanny (Grandma) when I do this--she was the one who taught me how to EPP as a child. I remember having my own quilt that she made from my clothes and other dress making projects she had material left over from....it was better than any Eye Spy quilt since we'd guess who had clothes made from the different hexagons. Definitely GREAT memories for me, especially now since she's gone.

Sitting on the Queen Size bed it looks so small. :) :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]48127[/ATTACH]

RedGarnet222 09-17-2009 03:26 PM

Hi sharon,
This is a very nice start on the english paper piecing quilt. I also had a grandma that made quilts for our clothing as we outgrew them. Sadly they are lost now, but oh how we loved them when we were children. I think her's was done in a carnival pieced block. So fun to look at and dream.

Too bad you don't have some of her clothing to put into this one. That would be cool.

amma 09-17-2009 05:40 PM

This is a wonderful tribute to your Nanny!!! I bet she is very proudly smiling down on you as you are putting this beautiful quilt together, piece by piece!!! :D :D :D

SharonC 09-17-2009 08:33 PM

Thanks for the kind words.
I love traditions :)

SulaBug 09-17-2009 10:18 PM

Sharon,
Your quilt is coming along very
nicely!! :D You are doing an
excellent job with EPP it. I really
admire you for taking on this project.
Looking forward for your updates!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

earthwalker 09-18-2009 01:19 AM

Great progress, I have an EPP on the go....I have a feeling mine is a "life's work"! I too am dedicating mine to my Nan...it will be "Nan's China Garden" - I still have some pieces of her much loved china. Lots of intricate red and blue and of course flowers. Look forward to seeing the next few rounds of colour.

Quilt4u 09-18-2009 01:28 AM

Wow!!!! This srecial quilt is going to be very beautiful. What a nice way to remember your Nanny.

NorBanaquilts 09-18-2009 02:47 AM

Looks great! Keep us posted on your progress

pocoellie 09-18-2009 03:32 AM

Looking great! I admire anyone who can EPP. I personally don't have the patience.

Pea Soup 09-18-2009 03:59 AM

Amazing! And you are making such excellent progress.

I also think of my grandmother as I quilt. She taught me all sorts of things.