Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Evan's Quilt, Can't think of a better name.. LOL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/evans-quilt-cant-think-better-name-lol-t182023.html)

wildyard 03-07-2012 06:38 PM

Evan's Quilt, Can't think of a better name.. LOL

1 Attachment(s)
This is the finished top of a quilt for my DGS Evan. He wanted black, white and purple. It is based on a pattern I saw in a quilting magazine but I cut the fabric wrong in a fibro fog and had to adapt it as I didn't have enough fabric to start over. I will be binding it in black and backing it in black or purple fleece. Probably the dark purple.
Any suggestions for a better name? I didn't like the way it ended up looking like faces or I would call it Face Off. LOL[ATTACH=CONFIG]318118[/ATTACH]

lfstamper 03-07-2012 06:39 PM

Really like the contrast!

mighty 03-07-2012 06:44 PM

Awesome, great job.

suebee 03-07-2012 06:46 PM

I think the name is awesome. However, you could call it "Fibro-Fog". Hope that doesnt offend...meant to make you snicker. I love this quilt. Great job!!

JENNR8R 03-07-2012 06:49 PM

Purple People Eater! :)

burchquilts 03-07-2012 06:52 PM

To quote "the kids"... it's awesome! I love the name!

Maria C 03-07-2012 07:18 PM

It looks great. What is a 'fibro fog"? I Think I know but best to clarify. Great quilt though!

Quilt Novice 03-07-2012 07:38 PM

Great job ! I didnt notice the faces until you pointed it out. Sorry no name ideas.

QuiltnNan 03-07-2012 07:39 PM

i love the black/white/purple combo. reminds me of 'slotted boxes'

wildyard 03-07-2012 08:00 PM

LOL, Suebee, I'd have to name most of my quilts Fibrofog in that case. Most of them have adaptations of one kind or another because of foggy influences. No worries on offending. We have to laugh at ourselves or just go crazy and start ripping out our hair. And I don't have a lot of it to start with!
Maria C.... fibro fog is a problem those of us who have fibromyalgia have in which our thought processes get a bit muddled and "foggy". We think we are thinking clearly at times when in fact we can't even do basic math correctly. Or we might be thinking, "cut 3 inch strips" and then we immediately cut 4 inch strips, still thinking cut 3 inch. Or maybe we plan our pattern, and say ok, we need 2 inch strip plus add 1/2 inch seam allowance so cut 2.5" strips. Then we go and cut 2 inch strips anyway. Sometimes we are very aware that we are in a fog and not able to think clearly or make decisions. Then we know to stay away from our cutting boards and fabric. LOL But other times it sneaks up on me, and others too, I guess, and I don't realize till the damage is done.
However, some of my best quilts come from adaptations to correct for these kinds of things. I don't call them mistakes any more, lol, they are just design opportunities.
And I've decided that since I don't like the faces, calling it Face OFF, is a good name, lol. So I'm going with that I think.