Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   fabric find (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fabric-find-t63802.html)

Fancy Nancy 09-08-2010 11:08 PM

6 Attachment(s)
ok - so spent all weekend cleaning out my fabric stash - reorganizing, washing, folding, sorting - you all know the routine - just trying to get everything in its place. Was overwhelmed with amount of fabric I had and SWORE I would not buy anymore until had made use of what I had. Well, there was a rummage sale at the Senior Center today so stopped by looking for some misc kitchen stuff etc for my daughter for her new apt. Well, BIG MISTAKE! They had bolts of fabric for sale - mostly Moda and some misc - for $5.00 per bolt. At first I wasn't going to get any b/c price on end of bolt said it cost more but a lady walked by and said that all bolts were only $5 each. Soooooo....had a moment of weakness. Bought with no plans of what will use for but considering there is a lot on the bolts figured could always use for backing. Have not unrolled bolts to check yardage but as you can see from end of bolts there is a considerable amount on. One is an xmas flannel which I will be using soon I am sure. The rest - well I am sure "someday" (just like all my other stash).

misc fabric that was in a bag with a huge piece of wool batting - only $3.00 for the bag of stuff
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113987[/ATTACH]

each bolt was $5 - price on end was not the price I paid
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113988[/ATTACH]

more $5.00 per bolt fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113989[/ATTACH]

more pics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113990[/ATTACH]

Quiltforme 09-08-2010 11:19 PM

Wow jaw on the floor and easy to justify this purchase. It was on sale and well you WILL use it so there!!!! I love the square fabric all beautiful!

pennijanine 09-08-2010 11:20 PM

What a great deal! If you discover you have too much, I can send you my address, lol.

Deecee 09-08-2010 11:27 PM

Wow - lucky you - in the right spot at the right time.

SueDor 09-09-2010 01:56 AM

What a deal. Lucky you.

ConnieF 09-09-2010 02:01 AM

wow All my years sewing never found a deal like that..... you go girl and the Christmas fab is nice for backing for Christmas and stickings etc.... Have fun

grann of 6 09-09-2010 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Fancy Nancy
ok - so spent all weekend cleaning out my fabric stash - reorganizing, washing, folding, sorting - you all know the routine - just trying to get everything in its place. Was overwhelmed with amount of fabric I had and SWORE I would not buy anymore until had made use of what I had. Well, there was a rummage sale at the Senior Center today so stopped by looking for some misc kitchen stuff etc for my daughter for her new apt. Well, BIG MISTAKE! They had bolts of fabric for sale - mostly Moda and some misc - for $5.00 per bolt. At first I wasn't going to get any b/c price on end of bolt said it cost more but a lady walked by and said that all bolts were only $5 each. Soooooo....had a moment of weakness. Bought with no plans of what will use for but considering there is a lot on the bolts figured could always use for backing. Have not unrolled bolts to check yardage but as you can see from end of bolts there is a considerable amount on. One is an xmas flannel which I will be using soon I am sure. The rest - well I am sure "someday" (just like all my other stash).

Here's a quick way to estimate your yardage on those bolts without unrolling them. Count the wraps on one side. For every 2 wraps it is about a yard. I do this when I am in a store & want several yards. I am usually within a half yard of being right.

Sewsweet 09-09-2010 03:55 AM

Nice find.

Shelbie 09-09-2010 04:04 AM

I don't think that there are many quilters who could have passed up a deal like that. Enjoy it, use it and share it! No one thinks it strange that an artist has paint or a carpenter has tools so why can't a quilter have fabric even lots of it? If you're still feeling a little guilty about your haul, make a lap quilt for the seniors centre where you bought your fabric for them to raffle or give to a deserving senior. Happy stitching.

quiltmaker 09-09-2010 04:06 AM

Great Find and Totally Justified!