Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fabrics-t304914.html)

toogie 05-26-2019 03:01 PM

Fabrics

5 Attachment(s)
Hello Quilters! I wanted to tell you my daughtersaid on Facebook (I'm not on FB) someone was having a garage sale selling bolts of fabric $2 a Bolt! She would pick me up in a few minutes...

I had stayed up late and mopped, washed hair, etc. the night before.Well, I turned on the flat iron and jumped in some clothes, slapped some make-up on (just lipstick-lol) and had my hair done before she got here. When you say fabric sale, it doesn't take me long!!-lol-lol
I told her that I would pick up what I liked or wanted and for her to do the same, but she could have any or all I picked up, because she needed fabric more than me.
The lady had another lady helping her and when we got there we told her helper we would take it all. She said the lady had someone coming already and just to get what we wanted in the meantime.(???-my daughter mumbled it should be first come, first served, it's a garage sale) anyway, I want to show you my purchase. I bought 1 panel, 1 new(gray yellow finished quilt, see on queen bed top below), 1 small new quilt I just have to finish binding (her pins still in) and a total of 81 yards of fabric and 2 1/2 yards of Peltex Ultra Firm fusible stabilizer. Guess how much I paid? (See below)[ATTACH=CONFIG]613285[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613286[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613287[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613289[/ATTACH]
I paid $51.00- she sold the big quilt for $20, sm baby quilt $3.00!!!

My daughter spent $23. and her are her deals in this photo: 6 hand saws ( hubby asked 'To Use?'-lol),camouflage burlap, all the christmas fabric yardage, 3 bolts of stabilizers and 3 bolts fabric and a new in the box 6 1/2 foot pre-lit Christmas tree! [ATTACH=CONFIG]613291[/ATTACH]

RedGarnet222 05-26-2019 03:11 PM

Wow motivated seller. I am so happy for you and your daughter. Hours of fun shown here.

Jingle 05-26-2019 03:44 PM

You oth made a very good haul. Lucky for you both.

cathyvv 05-26-2019 03:48 PM

It sure was your lucky day today! Love it all, the quilts are cute and my fave is the Coke panel.

Iceblossom 05-26-2019 03:50 PM

Score! Sometimes we are just in the right place at the right time. Grats to you and your stash.

Battle Axe 05-26-2019 03:57 PM

My favorite is the medium green pin dot.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Tartan 05-26-2019 04:14 PM

Wow, you hit the jackpot!

illinois 05-27-2019 03:13 AM

Hope you stuck around to see if the customer who was coming actually wanted all the rest! You did very well but you know, when you get to working with that, there will be just one more piece that you'll need from the store! it must be one more of Murphy's Laws.

As the original quilter, wouldn't you be sick to know that your finished quilts sold so cheaply? On the other hand, maybe she'd be pleased that they went to someone who appreciates them.

luvstoquilt 05-27-2019 04:16 AM

Oh my goodness, your lucky day! I don’t have room to even add a fat quarter but I would have been all over that sale and shoving fabric in closets. Looks like a lot of fun sewing ahead for you and your daughter. I can’t keep from looking at the pictures again.����

Karamarie 05-27-2019 04:38 AM

Awesome day for you. Enjoy!