Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The Fair Results ... more than overwhelmed!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fair-results-more-than-overwhelmed-t201641.html)

weezie 09-28-2012 05:37 AM

Thank you for your compliments for my FWS top; I'm afraid finishing it is way down on my 'to do' list (I'm currently working on 4 other big projects). I love everything about yours ... the green for the sashing and borders is perfect, as are the 4 postage stamp corners.

I haven't been very active here on the board for a long time, so when I went back just a few minutes ago to look at the FWS discussion, etc., page, I see where there were some nice comments made way back in the spring re: my top; I wonder if it's too late to say thanks for those??! We just had a nice visit from my sister, 1 brother, and their spouses, so am trying to get over my melancholy now that they've gone back home to B.C.; hadn't seen them in over 20 years.

GramaLaura 09-28-2012 05:37 AM

Your quilt is asolutely gorgeous.........of course it's a big winner!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

patsynel 09-28-2012 05:44 AM

Congratulations, very well deserved.

EmiliasNana 09-28-2012 05:52 AM

Your first quilt is stunning. Look at all those pieces! I can certainly see why it won Grand Champion. The Monty wall hanging is so creative. Love the three dimensional touch with the flag and flag holder. Great job on both.

jamsbuying 09-28-2012 06:13 AM

Congratulations!!!

Helen S 09-28-2012 06:19 AM

Congratulations! I'd have to say your ribbons were well-earned. Nice job!

matraina 09-28-2012 06:46 AM

Your quilts are beautiful. I especially like the first; the second one is ingenious!

jude by the sea 09-28-2012 06:58 AM

Your quilts are stunning! Congrats to you! I have a few questions: how long did it take you and did you get the fabric as you went along? I know silly questions but it looks so complicated and I don't have a clue as to how you would prepare to begin a project with so many fabrics. Again I love your quilts!

sniktasemaj 09-28-2012 07:03 AM

your quilts are worthy of the prizes.

QuiltE 09-28-2012 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by jude by the sea (Post 5546907)
Your quilts are stunning! Congrats to you! I have a few questions: how long did it take you and did you get the fabric as you went along? I know silly questions but it looks so complicated and I don't have a clue as to how you would prepare to begin a project with so many fabrics. Again I love your quilts!

Thank you!

My fabrics were mostly from my stash and I even had enough for the backing in my stash! :) Came close on the border/sashings/bindings, though short enough that I opted to purchase it all. Likewise the cornerstones and setting triangles were all newly purchased and only decided on when I had the blocks finished. I kept the blocks on my design wall as I made them and had endless help from the other FWS Ladies in what colours were missing, that I needed to get more into the mix. It really was a group effort!! Bless each of these Ladies for their help!!!

As for time ... a year ... but a lot of other sewing and life happened in the meantime!
So I really have no idea as to how many hours are in the quilt.