Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fairy Quilt finished ans bound (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fairy-quilt-finished-ans-bound-t256895.html)

MaryKatherine 11-16-2014 10:54 AM

Fairy Quilt finished ans bound

4 Attachment(s)
The hardest part of this whole exercise was to find pictures of fairies that didn't look like Barbie dolls or worse. I was very disappointed in Disney so I turned to the works of Beardsley and Rackham for what I considered more androgynous and innocent.
After looking at all your helpful comments I reject the paisley border because I wanted to quilt some additional fairies and vines into the borders. They would not be visible on the paisley. The off black material was best. I used a pale moss green for the quilting. I included a few pics of the fairies.
Thanks so much for your input ladies!

MaryKatherine 11-16-2014 10:57 AM

This finished out at 50"x60"

MOLLYDOOKER2 11-16-2014 10:59 AM

Love the fairies ! You did a great job!!!

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine (Post 6971214)
The hardest part of this whole exercise was to find pictures of fairies that didn't look like Barbie dolls or worse. I was very disappointed in Disney so I turned to the works of Beardsley and Rackham for what I considered more androgynous and innocent.
After looking at all your helpful comments I reject the paisley border because I wanted to quilt some additional fairies and vines into the borders. They would not be visible on the paisley. The off black material was best. I used a pale moss green for the quilting. I included a few pics of the fairies.
Thanks so much for your input ladies!

Great panel quilt!!! I have a panel like that and needed some inspiration for it!! thanks

SulaBug 11-16-2014 11:14 AM

Absolutely stunning work & quilting.
:D :D :D :D

QuiltnNan 11-16-2014 11:16 AM

nicely done

feline fanatic 11-16-2014 11:35 AM

I love the fairies you quilted. They add so much more to the quilt and what a delightful surprise to find them hidden in the borders like that.

jenOSU 11-16-2014 11:44 AM

Fantastic! The quilting really makes the quilt.

PaperPrincess 11-16-2014 12:03 PM

OMG, that is just stunning. Those quilted fairies are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pollytink 11-16-2014 12:14 PM

So beautiful! How did you do the quilted fairies in the borders? Do you longarm? I know nothing about how they work, pantographs etc! Are they in a computer program?

MaryKatherine 11-16-2014 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pollytink (Post 6971351)
So beautiful! How did you do the quilted fairies in the borders? Do you longarm? I know nothing about how they work, pantographs etc! Are they in a computer program?

Yes I have a LA but all my work is freehand. The fairies were traced onto a tearaway stabilizer and then sewn over. After the stabilizer was removed the rest of the borders was stitched with vines and leaves. This is the kind of long arm work I truly love to do. Thanks.