Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Farm Quilt for QuiltE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/farm-quilt-quilte-t115646.html)

QuiltE 04-12-2011 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
This is the farm quilt that I made last year for my brother and sister-in-law that I was talking about

Well done!!!!
Perfect match of their two interests, the cows and tractors!
Only thing missing is their farm name on it! :)
(or did I miss that?)

So now that I've found you the perfect fabric ... I sense another farm quilt will need to be produced for your son/DIL!!!! I know she will be thrilled!!!!!!!!!!

Country1 04-12-2011 03:30 PM

I made a quilt for my Dad's B-day last yr from IH fabric. He is retired from IH. I am so glad that IH fabric has been easier to find the last couple of yrs around here. It seemed like the stores ( at least around here ) thought the only tractors ever made were green/yellow. lol
Beautiful quilt, wish the one I made was half as pretty as yours!!!! :thumbup:

MamaBear61 04-12-2011 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

This is the farm quilt that I made last year for my brother and sister-in-law that I was talking about

Well done!!!!
(or did I miss that?)

So now that I've found you the perfect fabric ... I sense another farm quilt will need to be produced for your son/DIL!!!! I know she will be thrilled!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Elaine, I wish I had thought of putting the farm name on it. I will keep that in mind for the next one.

QuiltE 04-12-2011 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

Well done!!!!
(or did I miss that?)

Thanks Elaine, I wish I had thought of putting the farm name on it. I will keep that in mind for the next one.

And we know there will be a next one ... and a next ... and .... !!!!!! :)

MamaBear61 04-12-2011 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Country1
I made a quilt for my Dad's B-day last yr from IH fabric. He is retired from IH. I am so glad that IH fabric has been easier to find the last couple of yrs around here. It seemed like the stores ( at least around here ) thought the only tractors ever made were green/yellow. lol

"Red" fabric is still a little limited here in Canada so I sure was glad to find online stores that carry several prints. Now if I could just convince my brother that this quilt was made to be used and not just put away, oh well, one hurdle at a time.

QuiltE 04-12-2011 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Country1

"Red" fabric is still a little limited here in Canada so I sure was glad to find online stores that carry several prints. Now if I could just convince my brother that this quilt was made to be used and not just put away, oh well, one hurdle at a time.

At least you know he appreciates it ... I've been scratching my head as to where I saw the IH fabric ....

Mariposa 04-12-2011 03:58 PM

Neat quilt!!

cctx. 04-12-2011 04:31 PM

It's Beautiful, awesome work!

Nettie Phillips 04-12-2011 06:12 PM

I like it. Cute.

needles3thread 04-12-2011 09:45 PM

QuiltE,
Someone is selling IH fabric on this board in the classifieds
unless it is gone already..........I saw it today.