Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Feathers and hearts and diamonds baby quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/feathers-hearts-diamonds-baby-quilt-t195439.html)

feline fanatic 07-23-2012 03:22 AM

Feathers and hearts and diamonds baby quilt

6 Attachment(s)
Sunshine 666 made this very special baby quilt. It is for her first grandchild. I quilted both of her daughter's wedding quilts last year and a new baby is already on the way! :thumbup:

As a LAQ when I see loads of white on white or prints that "read" solid I practically start salivating like pavlov's dog. :D I quilted this cute little quilt yesterday but the lighting in my house is no good for photos after the sun has set. Sunshine gave me carte Blanche to quilt however I wanted and as soon as I saw this pretty littl quilt I saw feathers in the white and hearts in the center. The border did not speak to me so quickly so I decided to start quilting the center and see if the border would whisper its secrets to me. Sure enough after getting half the center quilted, I stepped away and saw the border needed something to tie it to the center and little squares on point would fit the bill so I treated the top and bottom border like it was two seperate borders. it was twice as wide as the side borders so I did squares on point all around then carried the feather/heart motif to the very top and bottom.

I used glide thread and W&N batting. May this quilt bring comfort and warmth to Sunshine's new little grand daughter.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350771[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]350777[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]350772[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]350773[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]350775[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350770[/ATTACH]

patsynel 07-23-2012 03:25 AM

The quilt and the quilting are beautiful.

dove 07-23-2012 03:27 AM

wow!...super impressive...looks wonderful!

donnaree59 07-23-2012 03:54 AM

Your quilting definitely sets off the quilt! It is beautiful! Know all involved will absolutely love it.

azwendyg 07-23-2012 04:01 AM

What a beautiful little quilt; your feathers really add to it tremendously! And I love the border treatment with the squares on point. Looks like you had a fun day!!! (I'm bookmarking this one under my "FMQing Inspirations" because it is so beautiful and even do-able for me on my domestic.:thumbup: Thanks for sharing the pics.)

hairquilt 07-23-2012 04:04 AM

Outstanding quilting-Love it!

homecaregiver 07-23-2012 04:04 AM

Beautiful quilt by the maker and the quilting is quite superb. Love everything about it.

Pat

jojosnana 07-23-2012 04:06 AM

Beautiful quilt and wonderful quilting.

pcraddock 07-23-2012 04:28 AM

beautiful work ,

Originally Posted by jojosnana (Post 5386761)
Beautiful quilt and wonderful quilting.

such beautiful work , what a lucky and loved child to receive that quilt, keep up the great work , was that done on a long arm ?

MamaBear61 07-23-2012 04:37 AM

The quilt and the quilting are both beautiful.