Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A few more quilts - Spring Fling, Twisted 4 patch, and a variation on Yellow Brick Rd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/few-more-quilts-spring-fling-twisted-4-patch-variation-yellow-brick-rd-t245357.html)

carslo 04-17-2014 07:28 PM

A few more quilts - Spring Fling, Twisted 4 patch, and a variation on Yellow Brick Rd

6 Attachment(s)
Spring Fling is from Better Homes and Gardens Patchwork and Quilting earlier this year. My motto is if you buy a magazine or ,subscribe; in my case you need to make a quilt from one of the offerings in the magazine. This quilt is hanging over the fireplace for the month of April - maybe May too.
A quilter on the QB named Ranger mentioned the Twisted Four Patch and I finally got around to making it. I had purchased the fabric online for $1.00 a yard and it is super nice RJR Fabric. Now I have a fireplace quilt for the month of June or until a baby girl is born:) Funny, it was on the blog of a lady in New Westminster, BC Canada - the town right next to where I lived in Canada.
The variation on the Yellow Brick Road quilt in black, "Grinch" green, red and white is a bit mixed up - as I began confused at one point, and cut some 1/2 yards wrong as I was following the directions for fat quarters. No worries it still worked out fine in the end.

JJean 04-17-2014 07:42 PM

Great quilts! Nicely quilted--love the texture of them. Quilts are like hugs!

Jan in VA 04-17-2014 07:52 PM

Love your quilts!
But what I really appreciate is how you give a full view of the quilts and then a close-up. So often we see only a partial photo here, and that usually leaves me a bit frustrated or confused as to what I'm really viewing Thank you!:thumbup:

Jan in VA

carslo 04-17-2014 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 6680783)
Love your quilts!
But what I really appreciate is how you give a full view of the quilts and then a close-up. So often we see only a partial photo here, and that usually leaves me a bit frustrated or confused as to what I'm really viewing Thank you!:thumbup:

Jan in VA

Thank you that is what I think more often than not also!

audsgirl 04-17-2014 09:06 PM

Great quilts! I especially like the red and black one. It makes quite an impact.

Leslie

Teddybear Lady 04-17-2014 09:46 PM

I like them all but my favorite one is the last one...red, black, white, and green! Great job! :thumbup:

DOTTYMO 04-17-2014 09:55 PM

I love them all for me the last. One would be tops.

Raine54RN 04-17-2014 10:20 PM

Carslo, you always do a wonderful job on your quilts! I am feeling very impatient to get sewing again but I still have at least 6 weeks, probably longer, and I had such wonderful plans for after the new year! Thank you for the prayers and encouragement it's the only thing that has kept me trying to stay positive! Hope to see you soon, I guess at your home since the kitty's are a definite problem! Wonderful quilts, I love em all!

Moonglow 04-17-2014 10:20 PM

Lovely quilts. Thank you for sharing.

JuneBillie 04-17-2014 10:23 PM

Very pretty quilts , and great work.