Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Field of Daisies Scrappy Baby or Lap Quilt - Another UFO Done! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/field-daisies-scrappy-baby-lap-quilt-another-ufo-done-t274683.html)

Krystyna 01-18-2016 02:57 PM

Field of Daisies Scrappy Baby or Lap Quilt - Another UFO Done!

4 Attachment(s)
My machine is smokin'! I finished this one a couple of days ago. Another UFO done! Lots of little squares of daisies and checks with a double border and binding in a third blue. The fabric, once again, was from a tag sale at the home of a fabric designer. I decided to quilt this one in my embroidery machine and it came out quite nicely except that I think another color thread would have worked better than the variegated blues I used. I have some little pokey threads to pull out of the back. What do you think? Hopefully I'll have another one done tonight!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540529[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540530[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540531[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540532[/ATTACH]

PaperPrincess 01-18-2016 03:20 PM

Wow, you really are on a roll! Looks like you are doing really well with your embroidery machine. I always had issues with the sandwich shifting and supporting the weight.
Just one other comment. I can't tell how large your squares are, but you might want to consider adding some horizontal & vertical lines of straight stitching to fulfill the quilting requirements of your batting. Check your batting packaging to see if it's necessary or not.

catsden 01-18-2016 03:37 PM

Very pretty, like the quilting also.

QUILTNMO 01-18-2016 04:03 PM

very pretty!!!

Krystyna 01-18-2016 04:35 PM

PaperPrincess, the squares are 2". I actually used basting spray and had no problems with shifting at all. Love the stuff! Once I press the motifs down, there's no puckering. Everything lays quite flat. As for batting requirements, my batting and I have an agreement: it doesn't require anything of me, and I don't require too very much of it. I can't imagine looking at batting requirements for some of the quilts I've made by just tying! Yikes! I'm certain I've broken more rules than I knew existed! :D

lynnie 01-18-2016 04:38 PM

beautiful, love all the daisies

Merrylin 01-18-2016 06:19 PM

Lovely! I like to see flowers in cold, dreary January.

Grandma Peg 01-18-2016 08:14 PM

Love the Daisy fabric.

twinkie 01-19-2016 02:52 AM

Boy, Krystyna, you are on a roll. Love what you are doing. So glad to have you back.

romanojg 01-19-2016 04:57 AM

Love your quilt and your attitude Krystyna. I agree, I do things my way. The only police I'd ever worry about are the ones who could put me behind bars if I did wrong. I saw your avatar or one that was very similar on Quilting arts last week. I was surprised. Keep on quilting your way and you'll get more done. Thats what counts and that your happy