Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finally; my sewing and craft room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finally%3B-my-sewing-craft-room-t82233.html)

wildyard 12-11-2010 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
Love your sewing/quilting/crafting area! Especially like the fabric storage - is it a display case? You said the glass doors are up and I would love to have something that would keep some of the dust out.

Congrats on your new baby!

My storage cabinets are recycled metal (gov't. issue) attorney's bookshelfs. Each section is a seperate unit, I have 4. Regular Atty. bookshelfs are usually nice wood, but they all have the doors that lift up and slide in at the top. Originally they were gray metal. When I got them they were covered with contact paper in really bad shape. My DH stripped them and painted them pretty for me.

wildyard 12-11-2010 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kitsapquilter
Looks nice and tidy! New machine looks nice...what kind is it? Your fabric stash looks like you have plenty!!! I am sure you are going to enjoy your space.

My new machine is a Kenmore which is made my Janome.

quiltstodo 12-11-2010 11:15 PM

You'll enjoy it I still have the first janome I bought when they were called New Home. Have bought two more since.

wildyard 12-11-2010 11:21 PM

I'd like to add that everything was done an a strict budget. All of my plastic storage bins are thrift store or yard sale finds. I have been collecting them all summer. My fabric storage units were also a yard sale find for only ten dollars. My metal sewing desk I got at a church sale for two dollars. I already had the wooden desk, the bookshelves, the desk chair and the dresser.

wildyard 12-11-2010 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by quiltstodo
You'll enjoy it I still have the first janome I bought when they were called New Home. Have bought two more since.

Oh I already love it so much. I can't decide if I love the needle up/down or the adjustable speed the most. LOL

quiltstodo 12-11-2010 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard

Oh I already love it so much. I can't decide if I love the needle up/down or the adjustable speed the most. LOL

On mine my favorite is the needle threader.

pab58 12-11-2010 11:31 PM

Great stash! I especially like the idea of using the CD "cabinets" for FQs!! Don't know why I haven't thought of doing that!! :roll:

Enjoy your creative space!!! :thumbup:

BTW: what's that icky white stuff I can see outside through your window!? :lol:

vannadine 12-11-2010 11:33 PM

I use my entertainment center for my fat quarters. It works great. You've done a really nice job.

wildyard 12-11-2010 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
Great stash! I especially like the idea of using the CD "cabinets" for FQs!! Don't know why I haven't thought of doing that!! :roll:

Enjoy your creative space!!! :thumbup:

BTW: what's that icky white stuff I can see outside through your window!? :lol:

You can't possibly be referring to my Winter Wonderland out there can you? LOL I like that white stuff, it makes everything look so pretty. Well, ok, the first 2 or 3 feet of it. After that, it does get to be a bit much.

wildyard 12-11-2010 11:41 PM

On mine my favorite is the needle threader.

I'm sure it won't be long before that's my favorite too. So far, I can still manage without that.