Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   FINALLY finished my first full sized quilt ever, the pile of leaves =) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finally-finished-my-first-full-sized-quilt-ever-pile-leaves-%3D-t167427.html)

crystaltx 11-10-2011 06:47 AM

FINALLY finished my first full sized quilt ever, the pile of leaves =)

4 Attachment(s)
Some of you may remember this thread from a month ago, I pieced the top and then got extremely discouraged at the actual 'quilting' process on my little sewing machine from Walmart. Moving that much quilt around my kitchen table was back-breaking and I almost gave up. Well I quit working on it for a week or two, and had to psych myself up to get back on it and do a little each night. I learned some very important lessons about working hard, taking care with details, and not giving up, so this quilt was a journey for me. I am so happy with the result that even though I'm taking a little break, I can't wait to start the next one. Overall this quilt took me a little over 2 months to complete. It is a design from Joann's quilt of the month called "Autumn Leaves" and I put it together because I thought it resembled a pile of leaves which brings back great memories.Thank you for the support I received on this site which helped me along the way. I can now call myself a quilter and I feel like I'm starting to know what I'm doing =)

raedar63 11-10-2011 06:53 AM

I have no Idea about adding pics, I know They take FOREVER to load just to view them. Anyway I love your story of perserverance with your quilt!

rootyr 11-10-2011 06:54 AM

Wow! Great job!

Iraxy 11-10-2011 06:54 AM

I have had periods of illumination during the piecing and quilting processes also. I am so glad others do too. It is true that you must take time away from what you are doing. Somehow (I don't know how), while you are away from the project, your mind must be thinking about it and voila, you know how and what you are to do next. Aren't our brains wonderful? I hope you can add the pictures because I am interested in doing a quilt that looks like a pile of leaves and would like to see yours. thanks for posting.

Pamela Alsbury 11-10-2011 06:55 AM

Very nice indeed!

crystaltx 11-10-2011 07:00 AM

I figured out how to load them...had to go to 'advanced mode'? But I still can't write captions on them. So the first three are the pix right after I finished it last night and just laid it on my bed with all my other blankets underneath, that's why it looks a little lumpy =) The bottom pic is the full design laid out before I sandwiched it. Thank you already for the nice comments!

Sandee 11-10-2011 07:05 AM

Good thing you finished it! Well worth your time! It's beautiful

Homespun 11-10-2011 07:08 AM

It's lovely. Congratulations!

SoozeeDoozee 11-10-2011 07:14 AM

Definitely a finish worth the effort! Great job. Thanks for sharing.

dltaylor 11-10-2011 07:16 AM

the quilt is awesome, great work and I am glad you did not give up. Ithink my first one took me about...6 months to finish..no joke!