Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   finally got Christmas quilts f...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finally-got-christmas-quilts-f-t3640.html)

redrummy 12-17-2007 06:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I made my grandson a twin sized quilt from super heroes and plain colors, backed with another print of superheroes. I stitched in the ditch for sturdiness, and tied it for effect, since I had tied my kids quilts when they were young. My DH didn't hold it up to well for picture, but it is one of 7 quilts for Christmas this year.I will post pics of the others too, although my photography skills are lacking.
Deb.

grandsons super heroes quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4051[/ATTACH]

redrummy 12-17-2007 06:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My granddaughter's room is decorated in tinkerbell, so I made her's diferent prints of tinkerbell and pink, green, purple, and white. I backed it with a tinker bell sheet. I stitched in the ditch for sturdiness, and tied it for effect, since I had tied my kids quilts when they were young. My DH didn't hold it up to well for picture, but it is one of 7 quilts for Christmas this year.I will post pics of the others too, although my photography skills are lacking.

redrummy 12-17-2007 06:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
For my DD in law, I made a picture quilt/ wall hanging with their family. it had their wedding pic, the birth pic of each child, all with info printed on them, dates etc. then pics of family, and each parent with a child. I backed it with crushed velvet type material. the pics are 5 x 7 size, I had to adjust several of them, for they were oriented the wrong way, but I had my mind made up on what pics to use so I made them work.

another view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4052[/ATTACH]

family quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4053[/ATTACH]

my son with his daughter (my beautiful granddaughter)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4276[/ATTACH]

nanabirdmo 12-17-2007 06:51 AM

i love every one of these delightful quilts. your family is going to be so happy and will treasure these snuggly, beautiful quilts forever. i love the fabrics for super heroes and tinker bell. just adorable. love the layouts.

Rebecca Chambley 12-17-2007 07:12 AM

Great quilts, Love the colors, I'm an ole lady but I love Tinker Bell. Your Hubby just wanted to get credit for being the model. Just tell him we like lots and lots of smiles.

jbsstrawberry 12-17-2007 09:03 AM

Ohhh those are wonderful!!! Such thoughtful gifts!!! You did just beautifully with them!!

Diamonds 12-17-2007 09:16 AM

They are all beautiful.. :thumbup:

annmarie 12-17-2007 01:06 PM

Great quilts. Bet you had fun looking for the prints!

newquiltertoni 12-17-2007 01:14 PM

Really nice quilts! My son was always into the characters when he was little but then I didn't quilt. :cry: My mother made him a pokemon one that is awesome though! If I find the pic I will post it she won't mind and it is really sweet!

Minda 12-17-2007 02:32 PM

Redrummy, Your quilts are great!! They are going to love them.