Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finally got my Mojo back (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finally-got-my-mojo-back-t316452.html)

Snooze2978 09-24-2021 06:14 AM

Finally got my Mojo back

5 Attachment(s)
Well, finally got my mojo back after almost 18 months of no sewing. I had a sunroom built onto the back of my house and decided to go for broke and have the kitchen remodeled too as it was next to it. Get all the dirt and dust done at once. Anyway, with the pandemic and lack of materials was should have taken 4 months took 7 months. But now it's done and I'm loving it.

Anyway, I had my neighbor make a table to go into the sunroom so I could use my extra bar stools, 6 of them but that's another story how I came to have so many extras. He made it out of maple wood so it's a solid table and heavy. I have cats that don't understand they're not allowed on counters and tables so wanted to make a quilted tablecloth for it to protect it. After the help of my sister to pull out the perfect fabric out of my stash as I'm on a no buying spree of fabrics since 11/19. I designed the tablecloth using EQ8 but forgot when I went to print out the flying geese sections to make sure it was to size so my end sections I couldn't use but I did use the side sections and just took some off. You'll understand when you see it.

Anyway, got the tablecloth quilted with crosshatching on top and quilting in the flying geese on the sides. Then decided to make up some window valances with the scraps. Nothing fancy though. Then just the other day I got 3 placemats made up using some of the corner blocks I couldn't use on the tablecloth. Also made a runner using a section of the flying geese for the top of my air fryer. Yesterday I used up more of the scraps and made 3 towel holders. I still need to make a new cover for my old mixer and for my little 3qt Instant Pot and then I'm done with the scraps from this project.

I also got a runner with embroidery on it for the dresser of the spare bedroom, crosshatched around the embroidery. Then I finished my bench quilt using snowmen appliqued blocks and quilted the heck out of it. So I got a few of the smaller projects done. I now have an actual quilt on the frame but it will be a custom job and a very stressful job so I'm holding off on it for a bit.

Here's some of my finished projects for this month.

Tartan 09-24-2021 06:42 AM

Great projects and I love how you made the table cover to fit so it won’t slide off!

thimblebug6000 09-24-2021 06:44 AM

All lovely projects! I love the bright colours, and also the cute snowmen.

Quiltwoman44 09-24-2021 08:16 AM

I love, love, love your table cover. i made one for my small ottoman top. at times i flip it to the other side when bored with what I was seeing. I have three cats. So far they dont' get on the sofa, the island or counters. they love two of my chairs so i have mats on those and they have a cat bed on the singer sewing table (has wooden top with Singer treadle base) and one sleeps with me (has her quilt on top of my white bedspread).
YOu should be proud of your work. Good for you!!

toogie 09-24-2021 10:00 AM

I love each and all of these projects! The colors are so bright and cheerful. Your sunroom is pretty letting light in wish we could see the rest of it and the kitchen. Your work is outstanding!

Snooze2978 09-25-2021 07:25 AM

Tartan, I have one young kitty that feels the sunroom was built for her to have a runway. She runs from the front of the house to the back of the house which is the sunroom. She has been on the table as she found a flower in the vase that was too tempting not to pull off. The other day it was a sunflower from the vase. I'm just so glad she waited till I covered the table before she decided to check it out. My sister made the charger plate, vase and floral arrangement for me. She took a clear glass vase from the thrift store, painted it, baked it in the oven no less to seal the paints. She found the perfect match in paints to match the colors in the fabrics. All fabrics were from my stash, nothing was purchased for any of these projects. Have no idea why I bought that fabric in the first place but it works. My kitchen is now all white cabinets with a multi-colored counter in greys. With all the windows plus added windows in the kitchen I'm in 7th heaven with all the light.

Snooze2978 09-25-2021 07:28 AM

Toogie, I don't have any photos of the kitche with the new accessories, sorry. The kitchen went from all cramped dark ebony cabinets with ugly beige counters to white painted cabinets and a multi-colored counter in greys. Even the flooring was beige but now it's a nice grey-brown vinyl planking as this is a 1900 house. Cabinets are all shaker style too. Even had lower cabinets installed in the sunroom right off the kitchen. 11 windows in all in the sunroon with all glass doors on 2 ends, additional windows in the kitchen so made it brighter. Added upper and lower lighting in the cabinets plus pot lights everywhere so bright.

toogie 09-25-2021 08:30 AM

Your remodel sounds exciting. I love light, the more the better, especially as I get older. Enjoy your 'new' place!

Karamarie 09-25-2021 02:59 PM

I have never seen a tablecloth with those edges going down to fit on the table. Love your fabrics for all your projects.

Snooze2978 09-26-2021 04:24 AM

Karamarie, neither had I so reason why I made one myself. Didn't come out completely as I'd envisioned but it does work as the cats have been on the table and it hasn't come off which is good news as I have a glass charger plate and vase on top in the middle.