Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finally procrastination is over..progress on the "Love" quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finally-procrastination-over-progress-%22love%22-quilt-t6079.html)

sandpat 04-10-2008 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I got ashamed that I had done nothing on this quilt, so yesterday I started making blocks. I'm done with this particular block..I'm still up in the air about 1 other block to use..what do you think will cordinate best with the block shown here, an appliqued heart, and a trapunto feather heart...Pinwheel #4, Maltese Cross or No Place Like Home? (They are all listed on quilterscache.com under 8" blocks).

There are 15 of these blocks...and what luck..these went together easier than anything I've ever done!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8099[/ATTACH]

tlrnhi 04-10-2008 03:23 PM

I'm of no help...I just like the quilt!

jbsstrawberry 04-10-2008 04:03 PM

Ohhh very pretty!!!

amma 04-10-2008 05:01 PM

Your blocks are beautiful :D Can't wait to see what you pick for the other blocks :D

BDor 04-10-2008 05:17 PM

Beautiful blocks. Great Work!!!

barnbum 04-10-2008 05:19 PM

I love that square! I looked at all but the feathered heart square (couldn't find it) and in my humble opinion, they'd all make it too busy if combined with the square you've done. Too much busyness distracts from the beauty of the one? So, if you really want a 2nd square, I'd go with the simplest--the appliquéd' heart. :D

Tammywr 04-11-2008 12:19 AM

You could arrange five rows of three and add sashing then you will not need another block.

grammy Dwynn 04-11-2008 05:05 AM

Love your blocks, great work.

When you say 'trapunto feather heart', are you talking about using the background fabric, then quilting the feather heart on. So, it would be star, background, star, background, etc. That would be my first choice. Second choice would be appliqued hearts, maybe using the floral fabric.

I agree with barnbum the other blocks are too busy to go with the star block. Simple will make the quilt "POP" more, too busy and everything is lost.

Good luck on finishing.

live2teach 04-11-2008 05:27 AM

That is really pretty, I can't wait to see what you decide. I also think that the appliqued heart would be a nice suggestion. It depends on how you want your quilt to look...busy, simple but elegant and which blocks you want to stand out. You could always do a sashing if you chose not to do another block. :)

sandpat 04-11-2008 05:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK..to refresh you guys...here is the actual quilt design that I came up with. The trapunto feathered heart will be on the same background material and a match to the appliqued heart, but drawn with feathers and stuffed. The block I'm in question about is where I have the Pinwheel drawn in. I'm always second guessing myself and I'm doing it again here.

OOPS Pic came out upside down...sorry :oops:

The original "Love" quilt design
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8102[/ATTACH]