Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finally taking the "leap" and posting my Scuba Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finally-taking-%22leap%22-posting-my-scuba-quilt-t120834.html)

Taffkat 05-04-2011 03:58 PM

9 Attachment(s)
After another lurker asked if anyone else lurks and hasn't posted any pix, I finally decided to plunge in! Here's to getting my feet wet!

Here's a few pix of the Scuba Diver quilt that I made for a friend. I collected embroidery designs for YEARS, had the fabric gathered, and then they came out with scuba diver fabric! Soo, I gave alot of thought and knew that I just HAD to put the divers on the back of the quilt instead of the tropical fish that I had intended.

This was truly my first quilt that I tackled from start to finish. My very first one was pillow squares that I purchased from Minnesota Fabrics and sewed them together. A no brain-er. But this one.... lotsa brain cells used for this one.

The background fabric was by "Blank" and was a water print. I don't know if you can see that clearly or not. I then stippled the square to add a little something extra in the exact same varigated thread. Then I embroidered the squares. I knew that I wanted to separate the squares with water fabric but it had to tie in and look right. I had this idea in my head as to what I wanted it to look like and I just hoped I could pull it off. This was and is my favorite to date and I don't dive. I even made a matching bag for the quilt with his initials and for a bonus, a matching fabric covered photo album for the underwater photos.

As a bonus because I came to love it so, I made me a scuba purse. Go figure!

Thanks for looking.

Kat

Front of quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192900[/ATTACH]

Back of Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192901[/ATTACH]

Top Left closer of quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192902[/ATTACH]

Botton Left closer up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192903[/ATTACH]

Matching photo album (opened)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192906[/ATTACH]

top right closer up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192932[/ATTACH]

Bottom right closer up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192936[/ATTACH]

Matching quilt bag with initials
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192937[/ATTACH]

Matching purse for me!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192938[/ATTACH]

katsewnsew 05-04-2011 04:03 PM

Very cool! Congrats, you have a great quilt and did a wonderful job for a First!!! Keep it up!

earthwalker 05-04-2011 04:03 PM

What a great quilt....there's so much work in this one and your fabric choices are really good. You worked with your theme perfectly! Thanks for sharing your pics....we love them!

Jim's Gem 05-04-2011 04:07 PM

Cute quilt!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

oma66 05-04-2011 04:16 PM

That is a lot of work, and well worth it. It is a wonderful quilt and what a nice gift. Like the purse and photo album cover too. Very nice work.

MamaBear61 05-04-2011 04:19 PM

Very cute.

QM 05-04-2011 04:21 PM

I am very impressed. I hope your friend realizes just how marvelous this quilt is.

fayzer 05-04-2011 04:31 PM

Beautiful work. I know that embroidery is hard, especially having to change all those different color threads.

cowgirlquilter 05-04-2011 04:36 PM

Really cool........

CAgirl1 05-04-2011 04:38 PM

What a beautiful quilt!! You definitely put a lot of time in to it and the other items as well. Thank you for sharing