Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   finding my "major mistake" and the winner is: (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finding-my-%22major-mistake%22-winner-t130186.html)

wildyard 06-13-2011 09:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
shadoh wrote:
well, if you thought you only had ONE mistake, now you have been told!!....as it is something that you are going to correct, it would likely be in the quilting part, which can be re-done easier than changing colours/blocks.
i would suggest that it needs borders....interesting ;

AND THE WINNER IS.................... SHADOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! LMBOooooooooo.... I put the backing on and quilted it and totally forgot to add the outside border!!!! I had it all cut and everything. You were all thinking too small.
I agree with all your comments about the little things you found while trying to find my major mistake. All those little idiosyncracies are just parts of how I quilt and MOST were done intentionally. The others were contributed by my dear friend and companion fibro fog. LOL It looked so odd to me, having the sashing all in it but not the finishing touch of the outside row when I spread it out to check the backing as I was finishing the quilting. I checked the backing then flipped it over and about died when I saw what I had done.
Guess that's called really getting in a hurry! LOL
To correct my error, I cut duplicate strips of border fabric; I cut strips of batting 1/2" narrower than my border strips; used glue stick to secure the batting to one strip of the border; then sewed the border to the body of the quilt using the QAYG method. I then added the binding in the usual way.
Here is my finished, but still not pressed nor snipped, quilt:

the finished Musical Squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210930[/ATTACH]

and the back; I have decided to go back and finish doing the double lines around all the squares which were the result of how I reached some of the corners, but it will look best with them all being like that
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210931[/ATTACH]

MrsM 06-13-2011 09:45 AM

Well, I feel silly now. :oops:

wildyard 06-13-2011 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by MrsM
Well, I feel silly now. :oops:

Awwwwwww no, think how I felt. LOL

erstan947 06-13-2011 09:47 AM

:thumbup: :)

MTS 06-13-2011 09:49 AM

And you can't even tell that your "fix" wasn't there originally. :thumbup:

Isn't QAYG the coolest little technique to know?!?!

wildyard 06-13-2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by MTS
And you can't even tell that your "fix" wasn't there originally. :thumbup:

Isn't QAYG the coolest little technique to know?!?!

It's a lot easier than it sounds. I have been reading and reading about how to do it. This was my first experience with actually doing it though. So I learned a lot with this!!! :D

sueisallaboutquilts 06-13-2011 09:57 AM

Linda, I have to say we had a lot of fun ( at your expense I'm afraid since you had to re-do some of it) but for the life of me I couldn't see anything wrong with it hahahahaha
HUGS, Sue

PS. It looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

blueangel 06-13-2011 02:55 PM

I couldn't see anything wrong.

luvTooQuilt 06-13-2011 03:07 PM

Both before and after are wonderful... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: You didn't have to change a thing..

wildyard 06-13-2011 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Both before and after are wonderful... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: You didn't have to change a thing..

Aww thank you, and thank you everyone for all the kind words. To me it just looked so naked without it's borders on. Sorta like someone all dressed up for church but in their slip and not their dress. LOL