Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finished 3 doggy mug rugs and discovered an additional use for them (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-3-doggy-mug-rugs-discovered-additional-use-them-t80994.html)

karenm36 12-06-2010 09:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I started last week on a quest to make 4 mug rugs for women in my weekly prayer group. Made the cat one first and just now finished the doggy ones. In the meantime, one of the women in the group suddenly found herself in need of a hip replacement...something that no one had anticipated.

In our weekly get togethers we talk about how God is working in our lives yet we all admit that it's difficult at times to truly turn things over to Him and not worry about things. I've made prayer boxes for friends for that very thing...just a tangible place to write down a prayer concern and place it there...to help the person remember that He truly is there in the midst of their situation with hopes that they will try to do more trusting than worrying about things in which they really have no control.

One of the things that our group has in common that we try daily to find that quiet time to pray, read, and reflect. Well it suddenly occurred to me that these little mug rugs (since I made them a bit on the larger size) would be a great place to sit with a cup of coffee/cocoa/etc. and read our daily devotionals. Then with pen and paper write down any prayer concerns and place them in the little pocket as a reminder that the Lord really is listening to our prayers and will answer them.

So I took the mug rug for my friend (who's having the surgery) early with paper in the pocket with my own prayer written on it for her healing. Also told her about putting her concerns on it. She loved the idea!

So I just past this along as a possibility that this might be a nice aid for others as well.

blessings to all, Karen

Cyn 12-06-2010 09:35 AM

Wonderful idea!

Kitsapquilter 12-06-2010 09:53 AM

What a great idea. I am sure you have started something here!

trueimage 12-06-2010 10:30 AM

Howdy neighbor!! Great idea and God bless.

karenm36 12-06-2010 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by trueimage
Howdy neighbor!! Great idea and God bless.

Howdy to you too! Nice to meet someone who's nearly in my back yard...lol!

Ellie377073 12-06-2010 10:35 AM

What a marvelous idea! It is wonderful that you have a support system to help you through the ups and downs of life. Very thoughtful!

bearisgray 12-06-2010 10:41 AM

I like the idea - maybe even make a two layer pocket in the next one(s)?

One book for the prayer/devotional book - and the other for paper and pencil.

Definitely a great idea to write the thought down - then one doesn't need to go back and think about it any more.

amma 12-06-2010 10:49 AM

This is a wonderful idea :D:D:D

karenm36 12-06-2010 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I like the idea - maybe even make a two layer pocket in the next one(s)?

One book for the prayer/devotional book - and the other for paper and pencil.

Definitely a great idea to write the thought down - then one doesn't need to go back and think about it any more.

I thought about that as well. I still haven't made one for myself...I'll have to play around with a different pattern idea for that one.

T-Bones mom 12-06-2010 11:03 AM

They are great. I would love to receive one of those. I am going to have to show them to the members of our ladies aid group. Thank you for a wonderful idea.