Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finished! 3 new quilts for grandchildren for Christmas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-3-new-quilts-grandchildren-christmas-t203496.html)

shirleyd 10-17-2012 12:47 PM

Finished! 3 new quilts for grandchildren for Christmas

3 Attachment(s)
I started in Feb. to make quilts for my 3 grandkids for Christmas gifts. They're twin size. The first is a D9P for my grandson, 22. My husband suggested I include some guy stuff so I had some remnants of the wildlife pictures I incorporated. The second for granddaughter, 16, (red, white, and black) is made from a U-tube on making tube hourglass blocks. I had written the board asking for suggestions on a red, white, and black quilt and this was one of the many suggestions I got. Thank you! The blocks were fairly easy and fun to make. The third quilt for granddaughter, 19, [ATTACH=CONFIG]370559[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]370560[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]370561[/ATTACH]is called Batik Bonanza from the book "Lots of Scraps, It's Time to Quilt." I had batiks scraps but did have to buy some. I love the bright colors. This quilt was the most time-consuming to make. Rated intermediate. I did FMQ on all 3. I'm fairly new to FMQ and have to say I think I see improvement each time. Though I'm far from perfect at it, practice and experience sure help. Thanks to this board for all the help and encouragement!

rusty quilter 10-17-2012 12:55 PM

All 3 are beautiful, I especially like your "Batik Bonanza". What lucky kids.

Tartan 10-17-2012 01:23 PM

​Great quilts! You have been busy and they look wonderful.

debcavan 10-17-2012 01:27 PM

Oh wow, all three are so wonderful

terri bb 10-17-2012 01:47 PM

i love them all! you have been so busy! he triangles are just awesome!

JackieDannenberg 10-17-2012 01:51 PM

I'm Impressed !

Three thumbs up ! GORGEOUS work !

Originally Posted by shirleyd (Post 5592778)
I started in Feb. to make quilts for my 3 grandkids for Christmas gifts. They're twin size. The first is a D9P for my grandson, 22. My husband suggested I include some guy stuff so I had some remnants of the wildlife pictures I incorporated. The second for granddaughter, 16, (red, white, and black) is made from a U-tube on making tube hourglass blocks. I had written the board asking for suggestions on a red, white, and black quilt and this was one of the many suggestions I got. Thank you! The blocks were fairly easy and fun to make. The third quilt for granddaughter, 19, [ATTACH=CONFIG]370559[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]370560[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]370561[/ATTACH]is called Batik Bonanza from the book "Lots of Scraps, It's Time to Quilt." I had batiks scraps but did have to buy some. I love the bright colors. This quilt was the most time-consuming to make. Rated intermediate. I did FMQ on all 3. I'm fairly new to FMQ and have to say I think I see improvement each time. Though I'm far from perfect at it, practice and experience sure help. Thanks to this board for all the help and encouragement!

QuiltnNan 10-17-2012 02:05 PM

all very nicely done

Mariposa 10-17-2012 02:12 PM

Terrific quilts!

Rylandon3 10-17-2012 02:24 PM

All 3 are beautiful!

sewbeadit 10-17-2012 02:44 PM

Very nice, they are going to love them.