Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finished! "Broken English" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-broken-english-t260968.html)

DogHouseMom 02-08-2015 08:05 AM

Finished! "Broken English"

6 Attachment(s)
It felt soooo good to finally sleep under a quilt I made. This is the first quilt I made for ME. For MY bed.

Pattern is Bonnie Hunters Blue Ridge Beauty, mine done in totally random scrappy.

Size is 108" square.

Batting is Hobbs Tuscany 100% Wool

Quilted by a local (non QB) long armer (my frame is not large enough and I did not want to tackle this on a domestic).

Most of the scraps were my own, some from the first quilted item I ever made. Other scraps were collected from QB friends in: US (mostly from Boomerangs, some from trades), Scotland (Boomerangs), England (trades), Australia (trades), and a lot in a trade from my good pal in Canada - all of them English speaking countries so I named this one "Broken English".

First picture is the full quilt before it was quilted. All other pic's are after it was washed (yes, the Hobbs wool batting can be washed and results in a lovely crinkled effect).

fred singer 02-08-2015 08:11 AM

very nice scrappy quilt

jetayre 02-08-2015 08:13 AM

Congratulations on a spectacular quilt and may it comfort you for years.

tessagin 02-08-2015 08:21 AM

Looks super. Had to check again to see where you were located. My boys live in northern Indiana. Did you wash this in your washing machine or go to a Laundromat and use a commercial size?

DogHouseMom 02-08-2015 08:35 AM

Tessagin ... I took this one to a laundry mat and used the commercial size front loader. I have a top loader. I did take it home wet and dried it in my dryer on low.

mpspeedy2 02-08-2015 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 7082226)
It felt soooo good to finally sleep under a quilt I made. This is the first quilt I made for ME. For MY bed.

Pattern is Bonnie Hunters Blue Ridge Beauty, mine done in totally random scrappy.

Size is 108" square.

Batting is Hobbs Tuscany 100% Wool

Quilted by a local (non QB) long armer (my frame is not large enough and I did not want to tackle this on a domestic).

Most of the scraps were my own, some from the first quilted item I ever made. Other scraps were collected from QB friends in: US (mostly from Boomerangs, some from trades), Scotland (Boomerangs), England (trades), Australia (trades), and a lot in a trade from my good pal in Canada - all of them English speaking countries so I named this one "Broken English".

First picture is the full quilt before it was quilted. All other pic's are after it was washed (yes, the Hobbs wool batting can be washed and results in a lovely crinkled effect).

WOW!!!!! Great job!

Diane007 02-08-2015 08:41 AM

wow very nice quilt and quilting

Tartan 02-08-2015 08:46 AM

​Looks great and will be toasty warm with wool batt!

Sneed 02-08-2015 09:31 AM

Just wonderful from start to finish. Sweet dreams!

bcross 02-08-2015 09:36 AM

This one is on my list. I've already started collecting blues.