Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   finished Dear Jane blocks................. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-dear-jane-blocks-t197945.html)

granny_59 08-18-2012 08:34 AM

finished Dear Jane blocks.................

5 Attachment(s)
thought I would never get there!? I wont start with the triangles before the top is not sewn together - my least favorite part. It will give me (a lot of) time to think of the color choice for the triangles. Any suggestion very wellcome.
I also consider to make the blank triangles with printed fabric instead of white. I somehow have the idea that this would "hold" the quit together and frame it better.

AND OF COURSE I AM FISHING FOR COMPLIMENTS to get me going!

We have a terrible heat wave in Switzerland right now. I think there was a reason to the fact that the women in old days quilted during wintertime - next to the farmwork.

Happy quilting
Granny

Murphy1 08-18-2012 08:47 AM

I am in awe. Your blocks are beautiful and I love your soft colors. I so admire the efforts of those who make this quilt. I tried to make the Farmer's Wife quilt blocks which were 6 inch and found I was not very accurate so stopped. To create these 4 inch blocks is really an accomplishment. Thank you for posting. I look forward to seeing your post when you add the triangle border. What an heirloom. Love it.

mmonroe 08-18-2012 08:51 AM

You are amazing. Your quilt is stunning. Did you use the Dear Jane book, or use a pattern? Very very beautiful. Can't even imagine how many hours you have in this one.....

Crqltr 08-18-2012 08:53 AM

Very pretty! I bought the book and cd but I could not get any of the blocks to be a consistent size. I printed the patterns on the same computer so I was lost and just put it away! Now that I see this I want o dig it out! And I would most likely go with the colors in the center block, for your border blocks. I also like your colors and lay out.

alfosa421 08-18-2012 08:56 AM

Fish no more Your blocks are outstanding I love how there is a pattern within a pattern in the way the blocks are positioned. Absolutely stunning!!!

almond 08-18-2012 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by granny_59 (Post 5449173)
thought I would never get there!? I wont start with the triangles before the top is not sewn together - my least favorite part. It will give me (a lot of) time to think of the color choice for the triangles. Any suggestion very wellcome.
I also consider to make the blank triangles with printed fabric instead of white. I somehow have the idea that this would "hold" the quit together and frame it better.

AND OF COURSE I AM FISHING FOR COMPLIMENTS to get me going!

We have a terrible heat wave in Switzerland right now. I think there was a reason to the fact that the women in old days quilted during wintertime - next to the farmwork.

Happy quilting
Granny

I love your choice of color and the arrangement. I can't wait to see it completed. You need to be proud!!!!! I am anxious to see the comments about the triangles.

mawluv 08-18-2012 09:03 AM

WOW! Simply divine! I am so proud for you. I bought the templates about a year ago. Finally found the book at a good price on ebay and have been acquiring cw fabrics for about a year. Told myself that I would make my first block on my birthday, Aug.8, but I get heart palpitations every time I think about starting it. This quilt has such and effect on me, it moves me to tears everytime I look at it. I wonder what Jane would think of us today?

bearisgray 08-18-2012 09:03 AM

It's beautiful - very easy to compliment you - I like the colors - I like your arrangement - and from what I can see, your workmanship is excellent!

nygal 08-18-2012 09:05 AM

Your Dear Jane is beatiful!! I never saw one that I didn't like!! Such pretty pastels too.:thumbup:

Kathy T. 08-18-2012 09:28 AM

Wow! Your work is beautiful - the colors and fabrics are perfect and the way you have them arranged is gorgeous. Hope to see more of it in the future (maybe after the winter?!).