Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finished at last! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-last-t319035.html)

toogie 08-30-2022 11:05 AM

Finished at last!

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Quilters! I kinda feel like Maleman67 …whew! After a solid week of just cutting and piecing, 3 days of pinning, quilting, binding and arm hurting😩, I finally finished!
Hal a lou yer! (Madea’s saying)
This is a good queen size, hanging well over sides and foot. Tallchick wanted to see again after it was quilted. I told her in keeping with the simplicity of the vintage look I just followed the 9 Patch throughout. This has really been a workout for me because it’s a heavy quilt having to move it around to quilt.
I took pictures on my porch and then on a queen bed in spare room. Don’t you just love sideways pictures? 😩 you try to take a good picture but by the time you have to resize it, it loads sideways.
Have a great day quilters! Toogie

Karamarie 08-30-2022 11:44 AM

Great job. I want to make a quilt for our bed which will come down on sides to cover the spring/box spring so it will be big. I don't want a bed skirt anymore. I plan on making simple 12"squares (finished) and may place them on point. I am using Thimbleberry fabrics as I love those colors and have a lot of it. I do my own FMQ on my Janome and that will be interesting quilting that on a domestic machine but I am sure I can do it. I have done large ones in the past but not quite that large. My Janome does have a 9" harp space and that helps some. Wish me luck.

ibex94 08-30-2022 12:10 PM

Wow!! Gorgeous. I love the backing choice and the quilting is perfect for this quilt!

tallchick 08-30-2022 12:16 PM

Wow Toogie! I LOVE the quilting on this, it really makes this beautiful quilt spectacular! I hope you’re keeping this one for you, I will have to add this to my To Do list! Thank you for sharing, I just love seeing what you do, you are an inspiration!

osewme 08-30-2022 12:53 PM

That turned out beautiful. I really like the gray, solid blocks. They really compliment the 9 patches. Great work & thanks for sharing.

cjsews 08-30-2022 01:01 PM

Toogie, it turned out great. The simple quilts seem to just feel so homey. My DD told me those are her favorites too

RedGarnet222 08-30-2022 01:27 PM

That quilt turned out really wonderful, toogie. You deserve to sit back and sip some sweet tea for a whole day while your arm gets well.

TheMerkleFamily 08-30-2022 03:19 PM

I agree, the gray is a nice background to the red/black 9P blocks - my neck/shoulders are suddenly a bit tense just thinking about wrestling that generous queen quilt. You do deserve a tall glass of sweet tea after that lovely finish! Thanks for sharing.

Tartan 08-30-2022 04:03 PM

Great quilt!

copycat 08-31-2022 02:31 AM

:) I bet you did the Happy Dance when you finished your lovely quilt! It's beautiful! Take a bow!

I like how your quilting lines stand out. What type of batting did you use? or could it be your thread thickness? Thank you so much for taking the wonderful photos of your quilt. I always enjoy seeing your works of art!