Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A finished Quilt for A Friend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-quilt-friend-t27014.html)

Esqmommy 10-13-2009 08:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I made this quilt from a class I took called Batiks in Motion. I think I posted it once before it was done. Anyhow, I had Green Fairy do the quilting, and I'm just sick about it because we forgot to take close-ups of the quilting!!! she did beautiful swirls all around the quilt that complemented the design so nicely. Anyhow, this quilt is a gift for a friend of ours who is battling liver cancer. He's an avid cyclist, and I loved the idea of the "spinning" and "motion" to coindcide with his love of riding on the open road! Yes, he's one of those guys on the side of the road, in all his get-up that when you're driving down the road, you think "please don't let me hit that cyclist, and please don't let him make any swerves into my lane of traffic". We gave it to him a couple weeks ago, and he was very touched. What's sort of cute is that he and his wife are having a debate over whether it should be hung, or used. I told his wife there's plenty of time to hang it, but I thought it should be loved and enjoyed by him. by the way, the name of the quilt is "The Road's A Colin" -

The quilt and our family quilt inspector Max.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52731[/ATTACH]

The label
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52794[/ATTACH]

The Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52801[/ATTACH]

mrsj82 10-13-2009 08:36 PM

The only word that comes to mind is STUNNING! I cannot believe how beautiful that is! You did such a great job! I hope he uses it to keep warm!

sharon b 10-13-2009 08:49 PM

The quilt is amazing ... and the reason behind it so touching . I hope he uses it and loves it . Thank You for being so thoughtful
Sharon

Jim's Gem 10-13-2009 09:00 PM

The quilt is beautiful. What a special treasure you have given to them!!!

amma 10-13-2009 09:14 PM

Awww what an awesome thing to do!! What a stunning, gorgeous, wonderful quilt!!! I love the name, too!!!
It is a gift that will keep on giving.

joeyoz 10-13-2009 09:28 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Can I be your friend? Please please please? It is absolutely stunning. Love the pattern, love the fabric. :D :D :D

Bettia 10-13-2009 09:43 PM

How touching Rachael.

Beautiful quilt.

SulaBug 10-13-2009 10:48 PM

What a special friend, receiving
this gorgeous batik quilt!! :D
You have done an awesome
job making it!! Congrat's.
:D :D :D :D :D

quilter1962 10-13-2009 11:24 PM

Rachael

Such a beautiful quilt you've created & such a beautiful gesture from you too. I am sure he will find it a source of comfort & then later for his wife too.
Can I ask was it PP?

Tisha

kd124 10-13-2009 11:31 PM

What a special friend you are and he must be very special too. The quilt is stunning--I love the motion and the pattern is a great representation for a cyclist.