Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   finished stuff for toy store (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-stuff-toy-store-t83432.html)

granny_59 12-17-2010 08:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Did it..........right in time!

Icecreamcones, candys and the cover of the books are made out of fabric. After that I had to come up with other ideas.

The cans are originally filled with concentrated tomato sauce. I sawed a triangle into the side to remove the sauce (what a mess) and refilled them with cement (even a bigger mess) Then I took the labels from normal sized cans, copied them littler and glued them on and covered with selfadhesive foil.

The boxed food came from this cardboard play food boxes. I copied them bigger and glued it to wooden blocks, also covered with foil.
The same with the chocolate. In order the get the original paper I HAD to eat all this chocolate..........

The bolts are fatquarters and I was looking for save little things in my sewingroom, put them in little bags and covered the top securely with a cardboardlatch.

I will stock the store and then post a picture.

Hope you enjoy
Granny

As I will be the best customer DGS will need fabric and notions in his shop
[ATTACH=CONFIG]144209[/ATTACH]

chocolate and candys
[ATTACH=CONFIG]144210[/ATTACH]

cans and foodboxes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]144211[/ATTACH]

pab58 12-17-2010 08:27 AM

Can I come and play??!! :lol:

Murphy 12-17-2010 08:27 AM

These are just awesome. I am sorry you HAD to eat all the chocolate; what a hardship (rofl). What a wonderful toy store this will be.

Grama Lehr 12-17-2010 08:29 AM

WOW!! Santa will be jealous of you!!! Did he hit you up to come and work in his shop at the North Pole??
:shock: :shock: :shock:

lovingmama 12-17-2010 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by granny_59
Did it..........right in time!

Icecreamcones, candys and the cover of the books are made out of fabric. After that I had to come up with other ideas.

The cans are originally filled with concentrated tomato sauce. I sawed a triangle into the side to remove the sauce (what a mess) and refilled them with cement (even a bigger mess) Then I took the labels from normal sized cans, copied them littler and glued them on and covered with selfadhesive foil.

The boxed food came from this cardboard play food boxes. I copied them bigger and glued it to wooden blocks, also covered with foil.
The same with the chocolate. In order the get the original paper I HAD to eat all this chocolate..........

The bolts are fatquarters and I was looking for save little things in my sewingroom, put them in little bags and covered the top securely with a cardboardlatch.

I will stock the store and then post a picture.

Hope you enjoy
Granny

You made me homesick! I would have loved to help you with the chocolate. I hope you can buy Nutella at her store too!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Frohe Weihnachten und ein gesundes, neues Jahr

RedGarnet222 12-17-2010 10:11 AM

Oh my gosh when you do something you go all out!

Quiltforme 12-17-2010 11:26 AM

I cannot wait to see the whole store put together I have loved every minute of your post. You are incredible talented and could sell your patterns there are a lot of moms out there wanting to go green!!!

EasyPeezy 12-17-2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Oh my gosh when you do something you go all out!

No kidding. LOL

Granny, can't wait to see the store. :D

dellareya 12-17-2010 11:53 AM

I'm nominating you for the "Grandmother of the Year" award. The stuff you made is absolutely fantastic. What a wonderful job you did on everything. Very creative indeed. :thumbup:

sahm4605 12-17-2010 11:58 AM

I think that grandma might be off her rocker. hehe J/K my mom would do the same stuff as you if I let her. she is really artsy also.
Your DGS will absolutely love it when the gets his new store. hope you take lots of pics of him getting his new store.