Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   First attempt at a fabric bowl (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/first-attempt-fabric-bowl-t38442.html)

LindaR 03-03-2010 06:07 AM

very nice, I'll have to look for the tute unless you want to do one Eddie???? sure you do

sandpat 03-03-2010 06:11 AM

Really cool Eddie! I'll have to try one of these after I get a little caught up with my "must..gotta do list"

MNQuilter 03-03-2010 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie
Thanks, everyone. :D

Originally Posted by MNQuilter
I wanted to ask who the manufacturer of your fabric is and where you got it! It is stunning and I just got a pattern for the Mini Bowtuck and am thinking oriental for it and I LOVE that fabric!

The fabric is made by Cranston Village and is from their V.I.P. line, but the selvage doesn't have the actual print name. I looked on their website ( www.cranstonvillage.com ) but didn't see the fabric on it in their VIP section. I bought it at Wal-Mart, though, so maybe you can find it there as well.

Thanks Eddie! I think a trip to Walmart is in order today!

Eddie 03-03-2010 06:16 AM

Thanks, everyone. :D

I wanted to ask who the manufacturer of your fabric is and where you got it! It is stunning and I just got a pattern for the Mini Bowtuck and am thinking oriental for it and I LOVE that fabric!

The fabric is made by Cranston Village and is from their V.I.P. line, but the selvage doesn't have the actual print name. I looked on their website ( www.cranstonvillage.com ) but didn't see the fabric on it in their VIP section. I bought it at Wal-Mart, though, so maybe you can find it there as well.

Thanks Eddie! I think a trip to Walmart is in order today!

If you can't find it then I'd be glad to buy you some at our Wal-Mart and send it to you. I think it was like $4.44 per yard and actually is one of the better feeling quality fabrics they have.

LoisN 03-03-2010 06:38 AM

That bowl is beautiful. Our guild members are making boutique items for our quilt show in April. I think that might be a good seller. What kind of glue did you use?
Lois

Eddie 03-03-2010 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by lnordyke
That bowl is beautiful. Our guild members are making boutique items for our quilt show in April. I think that might be a good seller. What kind of glue did you use?
Lois

I just used regular Elmer's white glue. Just a very tiny bead down the clothesline, just enough to hold the fabric in place.

LoisN 03-03-2010 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by lnordyke
Lois

I just used regular Elmer's white glue. Just a very tiny bead down the clothesline, just enough to hold the fabric in place.

This is definately on my "to do" list. Thanks for sharing.
Lois

Jingle 03-03-2010 06:48 AM

Very pretty bowls. That fabric is absolutely beautiful, I could not have used it for this. I would have had to use it as a large square in a pattern.

You are just excellent at anything and everything you do. I have been at this since you were a small boy and I could not do all that you have done. You are such a natural.

Good for you. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quilter7x 03-03-2010 06:48 AM

Your bowl is fantastic and I love the fabric. I think the fabric would make a great one block wonder, so I'm going to my WalMart to see if I can find some. If not, I may be PMing you Eddie to see if you'd be willing to pick some up for me too. :D

I always thought those bowls were hard to sew on, but it sounds like if you get the cotton clothes line that it's not so hard to sew on. Did you have to use a denim needle?

mrs theo 03-03-2010 07:58 AM

That is absolutely beautiful! It doesn't sound too difficult so I'm going to try one soon. Do you know how much fabric you used on this project? Your colors are perfect!