Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   first machine emborider (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/first-machine-emborider-t582.html)

ceannastahr 02-10-2007 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
WIP first top for the twins

Misty56 02-10-2007 10:43 AM

It is beautiful! I wish I could afford a embroidery machine. Someday maybe. Misty

ceannastahr 02-11-2007 08:38 AM

I saved for 4 months. Everytime I went to the store always broke a bill. Spend no change, put in jar when you get home. Yoy will be suprised at how much change you have at the end of the day.

Then went to sewvacdirect.com Got the Singer Futera CE100 for 399 free shiping had it in 4 days.

I spent 600 because I got the extra 3900 designs and the Auto Punch which will convert pictures to embroidery designs.

Boo 02-11-2007 09:08 AM

You did great, Ceanna! Saving change or starting an envelope is how I have most of my wants. But I am still hoping a Janome 6500 finds it's way to me. I have no use for an embroidery machine, but would love to try wearing out that 6500. Anyone have one to give away? :lol:

gr8tchr4u 04-03-2007 08:54 AM

Nice work! What stabilizer did you use?

vicki reno 04-03-2007 11:20 AM

Your top is beautiful. I know nothing about embroidery machine except that I want one! Can you do regular sewing on it or only embroidery? Hope I don't sound dumb but as I said, I know nothing about them. I picture myself owning something like that once we retire and maybe doing baby bibs and such to sell at the flea market. Maybe, Maybe Maybe

ceannastahr 04-03-2007 11:55 AM

I used a light weight tear away stablizer. As for the machine I have a Singer Futura CE100 I can also do regular sewing with it and it has 25 built in stiches at a touch of the display. When using the emb function you connect directly to your PC. It will use 12 differnt emb formats where most machines only use one. You don't need any speical card or disk to use it.

ceannastahr 04-03-2007 11:57 AM

The price for it was under $500 and I had free shipping had it in 4 days of ordering it on line.

gr8tchr4u 04-03-2007 12:10 PM

Hi,

You might be interested in a water-soluble sticky stabilizer - this will help eliminate the puckers around your design.

You can sew with an embroidery machine - I have a Pfaff 2144 and I use it for sewing, embroidery, and quilting.

Lisa

vicki reno 04-03-2007 12:17 PM

The price is right but once I get it home, there will be no way to hook up to a pc. Only one in the house and dh is always on it. I will need one with the cards I think and that would probably mke the price higher. But I want one I know that and will keep doing research. I think I will talk to the lady at the quilt shop in Yancey Co, Nc--(mtns) and see what she says. They sell Janome. I have to check it all out so I know what I can get for the money. wouldn't it be nice if someone here at work took up a collection and got me one :lol: The sun would start coming up in the West before that would happen. The will just wipe their forehead and say whew she's finally gone! I'll say whew! I can finally leave :lol: